PDA

View Full Version : Gun registration help needed please!!!!

willyqbc
10-04-2011, 06:08 PM
Ok, so I purchased a firearm from Bartell - Omenica Sports probably 2 years ago. I believe registration transfer was handled at their end so I just sat back waiting for the paperwork to arrive. I never did recieve any registration certificates from the Gov't and time passed and i forgot all about it. Now i am thinking of selling that same rifle and moving the kid into something else but I don't have any paperwork on it.....actually i couldn't say for sure if the registration ever got completed in the clusterf**k that is the gun registry. So now my question is where do I go from here if I want to sell this rifle?? I know its my own fault for not staying on top of it at the time.....but what now????

Any info appreciated
Thanks
Chris

The Dawg
10-04-2011, 06:15 PM
I`d call Bartell first and see if they have paperwork on file that has all the necessary numbers you`d need. Im sure they should still have records of the sale.

Failing that, I`d call the CFC with your PAL number and rifle in hand to supply the serial number and see if they can supply the numbers over the phone.

Cyrus
10-04-2011, 07:34 PM
Call the CFC and they will issue you new certificates. Had a similar issue and it was handled fairly easily by them. Think it was a couple weeks to get them.

popsy
10-04-2011, 07:38 PM
purchased a new shotgun in january from a sporting goods store and could not leave with it until the registration office ok'd it. they gave me a registration paper at the same time. go back to Bartell. good luck, Wayne

rocksteady
10-04-2011, 07:44 PM
Lay the smack down on Bartell...It's his fault, now he has to pay....Don't worry, you are a lot bigger than him :)

Bowzone_Mikey
10-04-2011, 08:24 PM
at the end of the day Chris I really dont think it matters much ... I am still fighting with those r*****s about 2 rifles I sold over 10 years ago

You selling Michaels .264????