PDA

View Full Version : another good trip to 3-17

smokey
10-04-2011, 04:29 PM
It all started Sunday morning when my wife and I left Surrey at 2am to get up there for a morning hunt. We started hunting the hill at 7am and by lunch time we had not see anything beside one chicken that hitched a ride with us. We decided to go back to town and get a motel for a couple zzzz...
got back on the mountain for 4pm and hunted till dark and only seen 4 does.

Monday morning came and we were back in the saddle with our eyes glue to the forest, hunted the whole morning and only see one deer and it took off like lightining and about 1pm I give my wife the decsion to keep hunting or go back to town for lunch and a couple zzzz. She said she wanted to hunt so we continued on to a little chicken road that I knew of. About 500 yards on the road my wife screams "DEER"! No there two. So I jumped out of the truck and put a bead on them "not one buck, not two, not three...but four bucks and one doe. The two in the back were two pointers but the two in the front i could not see beside their antlers because of bushes in my way and their body were cris crossing eachother.
So i took a few steps in the bushes to see if they would move a bit for me but in doing so, that just made them start to run and were gone in seconds but the two two pointers were trailing behind and I put my scope on the last runner of the group and yanked the trigger BOOM and he is down.

Nice looking deer and my wife helped me gut and skin it.

can not load pics because file are to big so if i can email someone who can do it would be great