PDA

View Full Version : Poaching, trespassing dickheads

chilcotin hillbilly
10-04-2011, 02:59 PM
In the past week, there has been on buck shot on the road by my place in a no shooting zone. Shooter unkown.
One shot on private property in the middle of the driveway across the road whom only the neighbour knows who did it, apparently the are from Billy's pond.
Another buck shot on private property and dragged on to the road two days ago after the neighbour had talked to the hunters as they tried to chase the deer off private land, those guys where from Nimpo Lake

This all the last week I am trying to get the neighbours to report every illegal hunting action so maybe we will have a better presence from the CO's out this way.

Am I really whining or should these guys really get an a$$ kicking.

Ike
10-04-2011, 03:32 PM
Even in the middle of nowhere the dickheads abound....that is frustrating for those that do abide by the laws.

Unfortunately people know that in the middle of the Chilcotin there is almost no chance they will be checked by a CO and act accordingly.

boat tail
10-04-2011, 03:34 PM
Even in the middle of nowhere the dickheads abound....that is frustrating for those that do abide by the laws.

Unfortunately people know that in the middle of the Chilcotin people know there is almost no chance they will be checked by a CO and act accordingly.

NO EFFIN EXCUSE, I say marshall law !!!!!

Jelvis
10-04-2011, 05:28 PM
Lighten up a lil bit, don't know the whole story. Deer can run after being shot so we never know unless you see it happen.
Jp .. Runz like a deer .. a deer can go hundreds of yards after being hit hard .. WHAM!
BAM! .. Schlam .. Who dat?

mark
10-04-2011, 06:34 PM
I think you need to edit your first line....missed the word "no".

Aside from that, all a guy can do is observe, record, report.
Maybe a big sign entering that valley stating there is a neighborhood watch type of thing for poachers, might make guys think twice?????
That sucks!

bugler
10-04-2011, 07:35 PM
My paved road neighborhood gets it's share of dickheads too. Between me and some of the more vigilant neighbors the CO's have been phoned plenty over the years and it seems now the sketchy stuff is becoming less frequent. There is one CO from town who makes it one of his routes and his presence is paying off I think. Unfortunately, not soon enough to stop some of my neighbors from making their land off limits. One example of bad apples ruining it for everyone.

chilcotin hillbilly
10-05-2011, 05:32 AM
Lighten up a lil bit, don't know the whole story. Deer can run after being shot so we never know unless you see it happen.
Jp .. Runz like a deer .. a deer can go hundreds of yards after being hit hard .. WHAM!
BAM! .. Schlam .. Who dat?

Lighten up Your kidding right.
The no shooting zone is 400metres off the road. Private property on both sides in two of the cases.

steve62
10-05-2011, 08:18 AM
report each and every case. I have hunters drive right onto my land when I go out and try to stop them they try and drive around me. WTF I go in the house grab a rifle and go chat with them. Tell them if they ever shoot anything on my property they will not take it off.

Grousedaddy
10-05-2011, 01:32 PM
Seems a couple of you guys own land do u let ppl hunt it if they ask you? Ive thought about asking around but ive heard most owners dont let it happen. There land there choice of course just what ive generally heard around kamloops

tonoffun80
10-05-2011, 02:43 PM
Just remember that a no hunting sign is for EVERYONE

wsm
10-05-2011, 03:02 PM
if they shoot on to your land, your in fear for your life, i guess :)

bugler
10-08-2011, 09:43 PM

Not true amigo. You can post your own land whatever you like and hunt it yourself or give permission to whoever you want to.

1/2 slam
10-08-2011, 10:10 PM

???? If the landowner put it up he can hunt his own property. He/She can let anyone they want hunt the property. It's theirs. The no hunting for everyone is a myth.

Singleshotneeded
10-08-2011, 11:58 PM
Of course, a landowner can do whatever they want, where'd you get fed that blarney, tonoffun?

Trapper D
10-09-2011, 10:08 AM
maybe post a sign claiming their on camera