PDA

View Full Version : Friend on a Hunt

PointMan
10-04-2011, 01:49 PM
I'm asking this question because I don't have a copy of the regs handy. I'm pretty sure I know the answer already, just need a confirmation. I have a friend who recently passed his PAL exam, he now has the card in hand, but hasn't done his CORE yet. He was wanting to accompany me on a hunt in the near future, and carry a rifle. I was under the impression that carrying the rifle might be ok, but I think he was hoping he could plug the deer for me, using my tag. I was wondering if someone would have the answer to this for me, page refrence in the regs would be great fo helping me prove my point. LOL

smokey
10-04-2011, 01:58 PM
carry a gun for shooting practice is ok,put a scope on a deer and pulling the trigger would be a no no if he does not have a hunting licence

coach
10-04-2011, 02:11 PM
Page 10 - it is unlawful to use another person's license or permit, or to loan or transfer any license or permit under any circumstances.

RJ
10-04-2011, 02:23 PM
It going to be tough to explain to a CO that you're both carrying rifles, but you're the only one hunting. He can tag along, unarmed.