PDA

View Full Version : Lone Prarie ( Chetwynd/Tumbler)

Dirty Steve
10-04-2011, 07:33 AM
Headin out on Sunday for a week with my dad, wondering what to expect for critters. Region is within 7:20a and is open for 3pt elk, wondering what the populations are like around there. Have a bunch of private land to hunt on, wondering what the white tail populations are like up there as well. Moose only open on our last day, the 16th hopefully get a line on a nice bull if they're there. Plan on doing lots of foot work and dropping down to the Murray and spend some time around the river. Any advice / direction would be greatly appreciated and reciprocated if your in my neck of the woods.

Dirty Steve.

lunatic
10-04-2011, 08:16 AM
Lots of elk in the Lone Prairie area and i'm sure deer too. I don't have any advice on where to go as i've only hunted the area off the river via jetboat. My neighbour has inlaws there and he gets his elk off their land every year and says it's pretty much a crap shoot.

elkdom
10-04-2011, 10:09 AM
[QUOTE=Dirty Steve;989778]Headin out on Sunday for a week with my dad, wondering what to expect for critters. Region is within 7:20a and is open for 3pt elk, wondering what the populations are like around there. Have a bunch of private land to hunt on, wondering what the white tail populations are like up there as well. Moose only open on our last day, the 16th hopefully get a line on a nice bull if they're there. Plan on doing lots of foot work and dropping down to the Murray and spend some time around the river. Any advice / direction would be greatly appreciated and reciprocated if your in my neck of the woods.

7-20A** is also open for a GOS on ANY antlerless elk as well, until Oct 31,,,,,,,,,,,,

Dirty Steve
10-04-2011, 03:25 PM
Huh!
Well isn't that somethin! Must have missed that. That might get the old man pretty excited, he usually gets skunked.

d6dan
10-04-2011, 03:33 PM
Check out the community pasture area. There's a ridge that runs east/west that usually has some elk/mulies on it. Watch out for Drinkall the outfitter. He's trying to lock up all the good private land.

elkdom
10-04-2011, 04:17 PM
Huh!
Well isn't that somethin! Must have missed that. That might get the old man pretty excited, he usually gets skunked.

and check out the FSR road just east ( first road on right)of the Pine River bridge on Hwy 97 to Dawson Creek from Chetwynd, in a couple of km you have to drive through the river(no probs in pic-up trucks) carry on in, it will take you along the Murray River and Puggins mountain community pasture, good numbers of elk and moose, white-tails,
eventually the road ends near Elliots Ranch,,, many cut lines, spur roads, watch out for moo-cows(cattle),,,,

MulieStalker
10-04-2011, 06:56 PM
All the elk have moved south towards Armstrong!!!!!!!!!!

Dirty Steve
10-04-2011, 07:47 PM
All the elk have moved south towards Armstrong!!!!!!!!!!

I have a new spot here, get out here! Immy moose trip Oct 21st.... and I found the big mulies!!!

Ghillie
10-04-2011, 09:20 PM
Good for elk and Whities :D

nap
10-04-2011, 09:31 PM
Most of the ranchers out in lone prarie are fairly helpful. I have founf that they will steer you in the right direction