PDA

View Full Version : rain versus shine

mrhappygolucky
10-03-2011, 01:14 PM
is it better to hunt in the rain or in the sunshine. my guess would be that rain hides your scent and muffles sound, so therefore it would be better to go out during rain. any thoughts on this.

Tikka270
10-03-2011, 01:23 PM
I like hunting in the rain especially for blacktails. Alot of people like to just stay in camp when it's raining so your less likely to see hunters as well.

Black Bird
10-03-2011, 06:21 PM
I find hunting blacktails in the rain is the best bet. When raining the deer don't seem to like bedding down. They would rather browse for food than just sit and get wet. If the rain is coming down too hard it doesn't work as well - the deer will likely seek shelter until the rains let up a bit. With rain the deer can't hear you as well or smell you. What is left is eyesight, and your eyesight is about equal to a deer.

Cheers,
BB

mrhappygolucky
10-03-2011, 09:26 PM
thanks... ya that is what i was thinking.....its funny, almost like fishing, best time to be out is when noone wants to be (getting wet). i kept seeing the deer out feeding in the rain, and figured that it did something to change their patterns.

000buck
10-03-2011, 09:29 PM
they don"t bed when its raining (cold and wet) they generally move around to generate heat like we do.

Allen50
10-03-2011, 10:20 PM
rain cool things off and as it gets colder the rut starts and deer are on the move,, so rain is good i think,,