PDA

View Full Version : Disturbing rumors

eastkoot
10-03-2011, 12:06 PM
Have been hearing from local hunters that have witnessed illegal activity the last few days. One involving a guy with a yellow pickup who is driving around Sparwood with a set of elk horns that are over a week old. Bragging and showing off something that was allegedly shot in the dark off the Corbin Rd. Way to go if it's true. And, another alledged pair of assholes ( 2 guys) shooting 3-4 cow elk on the St. Mary's Rd. above 1100 meters. A local contractors truck that had the licence plate covered with a piece of wood. Way to go again. I believe one was called in, the other not. So, a reminder that if your out there report these type of things.. It's our resourses they are depleting and also giving all "hunters" a bad reputation.

Mikey Rafiki
10-03-2011, 12:20 PM
Doesn't sound very good to me. Was gonna head up Corbin after work today. Will talk to the guys at the shop and see what they heard.

Not a fan of people that have to drive around for days with a rack in the back of their truck regardless of how they killed it. If you need that attention so damn bad then you are hunting for all the wrong reasons.

bforce750
10-03-2011, 12:43 PM
I reported a spike bull being shot last friday right in front of me...I spoke with the co's today and they didn't even get the report....I phoned the rapp line and the local office twice..only 15 mins later ...whats the f-in point ...they could have busted both of the ******s that are involved....It was the first and the LAST time I will report ...I will deal with it myself...

Jelvis
10-03-2011, 12:45 PM
I hope it's just rumor bs.

Mikey Rafiki
10-03-2011, 01:05 PM
I reported a spike bull being shot last friday right in front of me...I spoke with the co's today and they didn't even get the report....I phoned the rapp line and the local office twice..only 15 mins later ...whats the f-in point ...they could have busted both of the ******s that are involved....It was the first and the LAST time I will report ...I will deal with it myself...

It would be nice to know what percentage of reports actually get investigated. Worst part is, if you know that a person has done something illegal, but the CO's don't follow up and get the guy, you will get treated like shit "accusing" that person without them having been "caught".

The CO's are stretched quite thin these days, so I don't know if we can blame it on them rather than the system. Hope you have positive results dealing with it yourself.

bforce750
10-03-2011, 01:20 PM
I understand they are overwelmed at times...but i was just off the phone at the office in cranbrook...they said to me today they had no record of this incident...and baically told me I was mistaken...but on friday they did have record of it...soo I phoned the RAPP line right after just to make sure they had sent my report and their records show they did...??? Only 3 calls were sent in last week to present day and there are 2-3 Co's on at a time ???? something went horribly wrong ...but yet they have time to run around town to make sure my friends 6-spike elk was legal.... 2 of them in 1 truck...WTF!!!!

bforce750
10-03-2011, 01:34 PM
They told me all reports get investigated...and dont mind my rant...I think the Co's do a pretty good job with the amount of manpower we have....but someone dropped the ball here!!! and I shouldnt be the one made out to be the idiot...I was just doing the " RIGHT" thing.

7MM RM
10-03-2011, 01:41 PM
Saw a young bull elk on Saturday in region 8. Shot and the rack was cut off and left, been dead for a week or so.

eric
10-03-2011, 02:51 PM
Was checking my wells this morning,and found a spike Elk that had been shot and left 20 yds off the road. The Elk wasn't there yesterday morning when I drove by. Phoned the CO and reported it,the CO is on his way out as I type this. Probably not a fat chance in hell they'll catch the asshole, but you never know.

sawmill
10-03-2011, 03:23 PM
Have been hearing from local hunters that have witnessed illegal activity the last few days. One involving a guy with a yellow pickup who is driving around Sparwood with a set of elk horns that are over a week old. Bragging and showing off something that was allegedly shot in the dark off the Corbin Rd. Way to go if it's true. And, another alledged pair of assholes ( 2 guys) shooting 3-4 cow elk on the St. Mary's Rd. above 1100 meters. A local contractors truck that had the licence plate covered with a piece of wood. Way to go again. I believe one was called in, the other not. So, a reminder that if your out there report these type of things.. It's our resourses they are depleting and also giving all "hunters" a bad reputation.
I`m guessing he had the company name on the door?Pretty pointless to cover the plate in that case.I hunt up that way a lot,P.M. me the company and I`ll keep a look out for them.