PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Predator advice

limit time
10-03-2011, 10:55 AM
Hey guys,
iv been thinking about predator hunting (not the movie) and I'm going to get seriouse about it. I will be hunting region 2 lower mainland area. What will I need to do this properly? ( Calls, times of day)

CHEAM
10-03-2011, 12:04 PM
A decant electronic call is a good place to start. I also predator hunt region 2 and almost never see anyone else doing it.As per time of day I just go anytime I can get out.

limit time
10-03-2011, 03:15 PM
A decant electronic call is a good place to start. I also predator hunt region 2 and almost never see anyone else doing it.As per time of day I just go anytime I can get out.

Thanks for the help! How do you hunt them? I would like to use my bow if they come to 40 yrds.

BearSniper
10-03-2011, 05:06 PM
Google some calling videos on Youtube and read a few articles. Lots of Coyotes and Bobcats around. You shoud have good luck

keoke
10-03-2011, 09:30 PM
I hear that there are lots of cats out around mission/abbotsford. I plan to give it a go this year, I really want a bobcat. Thinking of either getting an applified loud speaker to run calls on my iPhone, or a foxpro spitfire. Keep us posted on any progress.

gibblewabble
10-03-2011, 09:54 PM
wounded rabbit mouth call always works great for me, we hunt hare in the am then coyotes mid day and hare again before dusk. Set up down wind from some white cloth tied in a bush (if there is wind) because they usually try to come from that direction to scent and if you shot a hare in the morning set it under the cloth for scent. The rest will come from experience.

If you use a mouth call remember hare lungs are small like a babies so little puffs, wind up and wind down and think the whole time im an injured animal. I like mouth calling myself as it just seems more natural and enjoyable than pressing play.