PDA

View Full Version : Osprey Lake - Princeton/Summerland Rd.

sapper
10-02-2011, 09:26 PM
Well, it's decided. After us eliminating various options and deciding that we are not going to hunt our regular Thanksgiving weekend area (Grand Forks, 8-15) we've decided we're going to stay at a cabin belonging to my wife's family near Osprey Lake on the Princeton/Summerland Road.
My hunting buddy and I hunted this area last Remembrance Day and made lots of memories but none that included harvesting animals. :icon_frow We know a number of roads and areas around there but will gladly take any advice anyone cares to offer. Feel free to PM me. :wink:
We're looking for any bucks, whiteys or muleys, and whitey does come Monday. It seems to me the area is mainly muley territory though.

Big Lew
10-03-2011, 07:43 AM
I used to hunt that general area for many years until most of my favourite spots became too overgrown for bow hunting. During the first few years, there were a lot of white tail everywhere, but unlike other southern B.C. areas, their populations have steadily declined for some reason, possibly because logging in the area is greatly reduced, and the logged areas have re-grown. (the largest 10-point I've ever seen was in a deciduous swale above Chain Lake) There are still a good number of mule deer, but the area is heavily hunted, and summer atv recreationalists race around on most of the roads. Try hunting along the upper side roads in the Siwash Creek area, including it's several tributaries. (make sure you have a full tank, and mark where you go, because a lot of the roads join, or go out of the area, either back toward Princeton or the Connector) Good luck.

sapper
10-03-2011, 01:28 PM
Thanks, Big Lew. That's one of the areas we actually haven't yet tried.

sapper
10-05-2011, 02:45 PM
Good luck to all. I think this is likely one of the busier hunting weekends so let's all remember our blaze orange and be safe out there.

locdog_99
10-05-2011, 02:51 PM
Lots of bucks running around up there this year try behind osprey lake or around whitehead lakes

doubled
10-05-2011, 02:59 PM
Lots of muleys in those parts - you should have no problems. Have not seen too many whiteys there though.

sapper
10-05-2011, 06:14 PM
Yeah, we may head over towards the Connector come the GOS whitey season on Monday.