PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Deer Of The Season Has Hit the DIRT!!!

matt420
10-02-2011, 03:58 PM
hey HBC,

well some of you may recall my thread from 9/11 this year when i took my first whitetail buck ever, he was a 5x4 with matching split browtines (i will post another pic of him in this thread),

Anywho, i took a buddy of mine out yesterday (oct.1) to try to get his first buck ever, its his first season hunting ever! but when we went out on Oct.1 we only seen 2 whitetail doe and about 20 or so trucks, what a bad day if you ask me haha, so we decided to head home and try again today (oct.2) but in a different location haha, so we got up thismoring and headed out but when we hit the dirt road we were following 3 trucks up into the bush, so i was thinkin "man here we go again", we followed them up for about 22 or 23Km then they turned off and we went the other way, we ended up gettin to where i wanted to start hunting about 20 min before we could see so we pulled over and waited till we could see, once we could see we headed up the 1st spur road i wanted to try seen 3 mule doe, so i figured when you only see 3 deer in this road thats not normal so i said "i think we gotta head up a bit higher then we are now", we decided that was a good idea and boot-scooted back to the main road, when we got back to the main road and i spotted something in the middle of the road about 80 - 120 yards ahead of us and yelled holy F**k its a mountin lion S**T there is 2 of them!!!! first 2 lions i ever seen around Kelowna, so we continued up the main road for about an hour hoping once we got higher in elevation we would see more and sure as s**t seen 3 deer right away all 3 were muley doe, so we continued around the corner and my buddy spots 4 more out his side of the truck, so i grabbed my binos and checked them out and said "travis that one on the ridge is a buck" we both got out, but my buddy is new to hunting so he was a little slow gettin out of the truck and gettin his gun ready and finding a log or rock or something to rest on, meanwhile im already out loaded and resting on a log haha, the buck was standing perfectly broadside at 75 yards, i waited and waited and waited and waited and never heard a BANG, and now the buck was starting to walk away from us so i said "Trav hurry up or im going to shoot him, cuz in a few seconds he will be over the ridge and outta sight and we may never see him again"!!! once i said that the buck started to bounce away and wasnt walking anymore so i got ready to shoot cuz i dont like passing up anything that im allowed to take cuz i love the meat so much, and just as the buck bounced over the ridge from 84 yards away i let one fly BOOOOM! the buck went from the air in the middle of his bounce and dropped where his tracks would have been if i had missed, the Tikka T3 300 Win. Mag has done it again, once i had dropped the deer i started to feel really bad cuz i wanted my buddy to shoot it so bad, but he said he didnt care who got it as long as someone did, cuz he wanted to learn how to gut an animal in person so if he goes out by him self he knows how to gut, but in the end i still felt bad, but a succsessful day over all :)

here is a pic of my 5x4 whitetail from 9/11 this year, and a pic of todays spike mule

kennyj
10-02-2011, 04:15 PM
Nice. Your freezer is happy.
kenny

cainer
10-02-2011, 05:52 PM
Way to get er done boys.

604redneck
10-02-2011, 07:20 PM
way to go bud the spikers taste awesome....oh and as for the cougar me and my buddy were up bear main the other day friday i think we just finished hiking out of a spot and got into his truck turned the corner and bam cougar in the middle of the road walking to where we were and the wind was at our backs so i figure he was coming to say hi....i really wish it had been in season cause that would have been one less cat in region 8

MOUNTAIN MAN - TOYOTA/ATV
10-02-2011, 07:22 PM
Good story. Nice mule buck and whitetail

matt420
10-02-2011, 07:33 PM
way to go bud the spikers taste awesome....oh and as for the cougar me and my buddy were up bear main the other day friday i think we just finished hiking out of a spot and got into his truck turned the corner and bam cougar in the middle of the road walking to where we were and the wind was at our backs so i figure he was coming to say hi....i really wish it had been in season cause that would have been one less cat in region 8

thats wild not the animal i would like coming to say hi to me haha, the 2 cats we seen in the middle of the road were right where Dome and Esperon meet

604redneck
10-02-2011, 09:29 PM
Ya it was wild! i'll have to make some serious attempts at some deer this weekend coming up....i'm still looking for that black bear and still havent seen one this year lots of sign but no bear.

JDR
10-02-2011, 10:43 PM
Well done, gotta love havin a full freezer!

Singleshotneeded
10-03-2011, 12:15 AM
Congrats...good job!

moose2
10-06-2011, 08:22 AM
there's some good steaks there good job
Mike

Jelvis
10-06-2011, 08:26 AM
Your a deer magnet what are you eating?

matt420
10-06-2011, 11:18 PM
haha i like havin that magnet in my pocket :), im eating like a king now haha, and thanks for the replys everyone :)

Your a deer magnet what are you eating?