PDA

View Full Version : Hunting Gear List?

Wildman
09-13-2006, 06:47 PM
I know there has been posts on this before. I found a good list by Stone Sheep Steve, but it's not quite tailored to my needs.
I am going on a ten day trip with three of my buddies to the Caraboo to hunt Moose and Mule Deer in the begining of November to the middle of November. We have rented a cabin up there, 24'X36'. The cabin has propane lights and a wood stove, but that's it.....only one bed. We will be taking two pickups and a flat deck trailer.
Here is my preliminary list of gear that we will be taking. Is there anything that sticks out to you that is missing? Or does anyone have a list that they would like to share?

Hunting List
Shotguns, Rifles, Case/Keys, Cleaning Kit, Shells/Bullets, Sleeping Bag, Tent Pillow, Cot/Pad, Tarps 4X8, Sheet of Plywood, Generator Axe, Splitting Maul, Hammer, Saw, Bone Saw, Nails, Spikes, Cable, Choker, Block, Chain Saw, Chain Saw Winch, Calls, Scents Utensils/Plates/Bowels/Cups, Pots and Pans, Propane Stove, Scent Elimination, Flashlight, Lanturns and Fuel, First Aid/Survival Gear, Knives, Leatherman, Sharpener, Matches/Lighter, Compass, Grill (for cooking over camp fire) , GPS, Maps, Sat Phone, Two-Way Radios Flagging, Tape, Toilet Paper, Plastic Bags, Ziplock Bags, Salt, Trash Bags, License/Tags/PAL Pen/Pencil, Wallet, Toiletries, Camera, Batteries, Binoculars, Spotting Scope, Rangefinder, Duct Tape, Chairs, Rope, Twine, Come alongs, Tiedowns, Thermos, Water Bottle, Rubber Gloves, Game Bags, Food (will PU in town close to area), Small Backpack, Dry Bag, Duffle Bag, Fanny Pack, Water Containers Coolers, Snacks, Pack Board, Fuel Containers(Jerry Cans), Tools, Chains, Tow Strap, Spare Tires, Jackall, Snow Shoes

Clothing:Waders Boots(Hikers and Caulks)Jacket Rain Gear (Pants and Jacket) Sweaters (Fleece and Wool) Long Johns (Fleece and Polypropaline) Shirts(Fleece and Polypropaline) Pants Belt Hat Touque Gloves(Wool) Socks(Wool) Socks Underwear Camp Clothing/Shoes

Wildman
09-13-2006, 06:49 PM
Oh! That did not work that well pasting my list into my post! I will try to edit it later so that it is easier to read............I just do not have the time at the moment.

Ozone
09-13-2006, 07:17 PM
Beer and/or rum.
HUNTING LICENCE

000buck
09-13-2006, 07:27 PM
bug spray, zip lock bags(keeps tp dry really well while in the bush), water proof lighter or matches, don't forget a hammer for all them nails...........

Steeleco
09-13-2006, 07:30 PM
Hey guys I move this thread to Mainland British Columbia as it was in the "for sale" area previously. Cheers Steeleco

Jelvis
09-13-2006, 07:32 PM
Forgot the camp cook

DropTines
09-13-2006, 07:34 PM
hat, touque
________
Land rover perentie specifications (http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/Land_Rover_Perentie)

Bow Walker
09-13-2006, 08:00 PM
Moose de-boning knives and sharpeners? Meat sacks? Coolers for the boned out meat?

mark
09-13-2006, 08:36 PM
bug spray, zip lock bags(keeps tp dry really well while in the bush), water proof lighter or matches, don't forget a hammer for all them nails...........

Hey 000buck, i know you island guys got nice weather and all, but BUG SPRAY in november, in the cariboo... hello man, snowshoes might be more useful!

grizz
09-13-2006, 08:48 PM
Don't forget your P.A.L and your firearm certificates
Grizz

000buck
09-13-2006, 08:49 PM
ok ok i should should have checked the destination before that, but hey we still got lots of bugs flyin around

Jagermeister
09-13-2006, 08:49 PM
Having lived in Quesnel for 33.69 years, I can tell you that you can absolutely forget the bug spray, unless one of your hunting partners scratches. And I think that I would add a maul for chopping the wood seeing as how you pretty well got everything else except the kitchen sink.
Crib board and cards.

scoot
09-13-2006, 10:27 PM
Need I quote "We have rented a cabin up there, 24'X36'. The cabin has propane lights and a wood stove, but that's it.....only one bed. We will be taking two pickups and a flat deck trailer." If you can get that truck and trailer close to the cabin man, take everything you got, oh wait, you already are!! Just kidding. I start off my packing thinking of the BASIC stuff you need then work your way up to what is classified as extra, until you are happy with how much you are bringing. None of my lists could help you as I have never hunted from a cabin. We will be taking two pickups and a flat deck trailer. Nod!!

Schmaus
09-14-2006, 07:59 PM
The only thing that I noticed is that you will be sleeping on a cot. I don't know what everyone else prefers but I prefer a foamy. I think a cot in november may be a little chilly. Maybe you should bring a little bit of extra propane for lanterns, portable stoves etc. I have found on the late hunt you might have to put on a few miles so maybe a few jerry cans of extra fuel for the trucks.

PGKris
09-14-2006, 08:20 PM
Snowshoes. November in the cariboo. A must.

PGKris
09-14-2006, 08:22 PM
And what ozone said. Don't forget the rum. Mmmmm hot rum 'n' lemon.

greybark
09-14-2006, 08:34 PM
:lol: Hey Vadim , Don`t forget the Caralans for the coffee !!!! Good luck!!!

REMEMBER -- Keep Your Fingertab On --

ianwuzhere
09-14-2006, 09:34 PM
dont forget the sherpas to pack all that stuff up the mountain side...

ianwuzhere
09-14-2006, 09:44 PM
note to self- "self- it gets lite out in the morning late and dark early- be prepared"
- tell self to get few flashlights and some batts too.
list looks complete...

Will
09-14-2006, 10:06 PM
Is there anything that sticks out to you that is missing?
http://www.designerplumbing.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/mg3109sr.JPG
:lol: :lol:

Kidding.........Have a Good Trip 8-)

bighornbob
09-15-2006, 08:56 AM
I did not see propane on the list for the stove and the lanterns.

If you want to take that much stuff so be it but to me you are taking too much stuff. There are a lot of repeat items on your list. If you have a chainsaw winch do you really need a come along. You also had about 5 different types of rope. I would just take one that can be used for everything. Also the grill for cooking on a open fire. Are you going to have an open fire. I know if it was me, after a long day of hunting in the cold I would just get the stove stoked to heat the cabin and I would not even try with a fire outside.

Like others have said you have the room so why not but I know that when i have taken along a ton of stuff I end up looking for that stuff haldf the trip beuase I know its somewhere. Just my 2 cents.

BHB

dime
09-16-2006, 11:44 AM
Here is the link that has been posted before, reminded me to bring a couple of things.

http://www.deerslayer1.com/My%20check%20%20list%20.html