PDA

View Full Version : Newb Tag Question

Van Isle
10-01-2011, 09:28 PM
I bought two tags for mule deer at the start of the season. I had thought, at the time, that tags were MU specific: i.e. if I wanted to kill in MU 1-3 I need a tag for MU 1-3. Since I had planned to hunt mostly in 1-2 and 1-3 to start I told the vendor I wanted 2 tags, 1 for 1-2, 1 for 1-3.

But it seems like the tags are not specific at all. Can I use my BC mule tag deer anywhere in BC? Why is there a limit of "15 deer tags per person" if the bag limit is three? Is that because of the Queen Charlotte Island special licence?

I feel I'm missing something somewhere. Can someone help explain this to me?

Cheers,
VI

Shooter
10-01-2011, 09:30 PM
Yes you can use the Mule deer tag anywhere in BC

r106
10-01-2011, 09:33 PM
you answered your own question in your second paragraph. your mule dear tag is good for mule dear or blacktail anywhere in bc

Legi0n
10-01-2011, 10:52 PM
about the number of tags, I think the synopsis is quite clear:

DEER LICENCES
A person must not possess more than 15 of any current year deer licences. The combination of deer licences may include a
maximum of 3 mule deer and 3 white-tailed deer licences.
There are special deer licences (Queen Charlotte Islands Deer Licences) which allow hunters to exceed the 2 deer bag
limit for the Skeena Region and the 3 deer provincial bag limit up to a maximum of 15 deer when hunting on the Queen Charlotte Islands (MUs 6-12, 6-13). Up to 3 regular mule deer licences can be used on the Queen Charlottes, but they will count toward the regional and provincial bag limits. (For example, if a mule deer licence is used in MU 6-12 or 6-13, a hunter will be prevented from pursuing deer elsewhere in the Skeena Region, and it will count towards the 3-deer provincial bag limit).