PDA

View Full Version : back from chetwynd!

mark
09-13-2006, 01:13 PM
Ill try and keep it short and sweet! Twas very hot and extremely dry! the bugs and wasps were "insane" to put it lightly! With the heat game was not moving much in the day but one buddy managed to bag a 7 point moose on the 3rd. day. We did more elk scouting than moose hunting in aug. in anticipation for sept.1 We all had lots of elk action, but 5 points seemed to be the common story of the day! On about the 5th i called in nice lil 6x7 to about 80 yards and dropped him on the spot! Yippeee! the next day while im moose hunting (boring) i hear an elk bugle. Hmm i think, lets just see what he looks like, so after an hour of bugling and stalking i get 340 class monster 6x6 herd bull come raging after me with fire in his eyes. I so wish i had packed my camcorder cuz this bull came with 8 yards of me walked all around me and left without ever busting me. could of bowed him 20 times in the 10 min. close encounter. Thats murphys law, the elk of my dreams the day after i cut my tag. With mixed emotions i drag ass back to camp to see my main partner has bagged a big heavy mature moose, so once again we work like crazy to get him skinned and quartered before the wasp colony eats him. There were lots of close calls on both moose and elk, but thats all we bagged. twas a great time and the freezer is full, sure is nice to be home though! Ill stick pics in the gallery here soon, maybe a mod could attach a couple here for me! :lol:

Bruinhunter
09-13-2006, 01:41 PM
Congratulation!
I went to Chetwynd form BBY for my first moose at the long weekend. I wandered Moberley lake and Johson Cr, I didn't see any moose. What area (FSR) did you hunt? I hope to get one next year.:sad:

Leaseman
09-13-2006, 01:43 PM
Good to hear you connected Mark....:)

mark
09-13-2006, 01:51 PM
BH We hunted the del-rio area as we always have. its along the east side of the moberly river.
On another note i wore my HBC hat for 2 weeks out there, and of all the hunters i bumped into no-one recognized it or said anything. The second last day i lost it in the bush while trying to run down an elk with my buddy .So if someone finds it please return it to me and in exchange you can hunt the good elk spot! (Ya Marc, ill be sending another $25 here soon)

Jelvis
09-13-2006, 02:03 PM
Haaaeeeey mark great hunting, Now what are you going to do, freezers full, is the season over? No hat, no camcorder, no more hunting. Good to see your on site again.

mark
09-13-2006, 02:29 PM
Jelvis, have you lost yer marbles, man you dont know me, that trip was just a warm up for me. I got another freezer, lots of tags, more bullets, arrows, gas money, and 3 months to do it all. i doo need another hat though, cant wait till the end of the buck contest to get a free one, so i guess ill send marc some money! (ha ha) Pics are in the gallery guys!

mainland hunter
09-13-2006, 03:09 PM
nicely done, not a bad elk at all. boy those pics are making me jealous, we usually hunt that area as well but wont be this year.
congrats

todbartell
09-13-2006, 06:10 PM
http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/medium/IMG_1610.JPG

mark
09-13-2006, 08:40 PM
thanks firebird, maybe stick the moose one up there too, when ya get time. :lol:

todbartell
09-13-2006, 08:51 PM
right click the pic in your gallery, if you're using Mozilla Firefox, click Copy Image Location. If you're using Internet explorer, scroll down to properties, hilite the URL - and copy/paste the URL (make sure it ends in .jpg)

when you want to add a pic to your post, right click your mouse and select PASTE, after you click the lil 'insert image' thingy above the text box

pic should appear, just like this...

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/IMG_1613.JPG