PDA

View Full Version : Prince George Info

kebes
10-01-2011, 02:44 PM
Just got a job up in PG so the wife and I are moving up November 1st. I'm looking forward to doing some deer hunting but was just wondering when the snow starts to hit around there...I don't have a truck so I'm limited to what my accent can access so snow = looking a bit closer to the highway for areas on google earth :-D.

sledforever
10-01-2011, 03:38 PM
Snow hits there around Nov 1

jml11
10-01-2011, 05:06 PM
It's variable...could be end of october could be ??? My first year in PG we didn't have any snow until almost february!! (that was a freak year of course). Most years we start getting dustings late october/early november and it usually starts to stick around after the November long weekend.

Brett
10-01-2011, 05:22 PM
I would head just west
black water to
Pelican to
1400 rd past
punchaw

Lots of ope areas and lots of deer. If it starts to snow while your there, leave!! if there is already snow down no problem, roads are pretty good.

Where did you get a job? congrats!

pierogi
10-02-2011, 01:16 PM
Nov 1st there should be snow. I spend there 4 years, exellent hunting miss it alot. My mistake was not to upgrade my truck to 4x4

Bowzone_Mikey
10-02-2011, 05:01 PM
yea should have a at least a dusting by then ... but who really knows ....

head west like said above ... or south .... When I moved back here in 06 .. I hunted in a old POS Acura Integra for 2 years before I bought my current Shit Shakker ... got lots of goofy looks in it untill I went with a couple friends and we all tagged out ... 2 deer in the trunk and 1 on the roof ;)

moosinaround
10-02-2011, 07:36 PM
Just got a job up in PG so the wife and I are moving up November 1st. I'm looking forward to doing some deer hunting but was just wondering when the snow starts to hit around there...I don't have a truck so I'm limited to what my accent can access so snow = looking a bit closer to the highway for areas on google earth :-D.
Kebes, Pelican and the Blackwater are graded almost all winter. Soon as there is frost in the ground the trucks start hauling so be careful. Gets slippery out there! Cell coverage is spotty in most spots so have a rescue crew arranged. If I get some time, I could point ya in a couple spots that hold mulies and whities. Hunting gets good in Nov as the ole mulie bucks get love struck! Welcome, Moosin

CanuckShooter
10-03-2011, 07:26 AM
Have GOOD winter tires if your heading out into the back country too!!! I hate pulling little cars with all seasons out of the friggin' ditches!!!

kebes
10-03-2011, 03:26 PM
Thanks for the help guys (I do have good winters...I'm not a big fan of all seasons :))