PDA

View Full Version : Moose and Mulies in 5-13?

allan
09-28-2011, 10:27 PM
My friend has a moose draw in 5-13, pretty sure from the sounds of his scouting trips that it's gonna be a fun trip. He forgot to Check for mule deer areas as well, is it worth going as well for mule deer? Or should I save myself the trip?
I typically carry a bow. And am not interested in only going to be a pack horse for him. I do enough of that for him already, as whenever I blow a stalk during rifle season he closes the deal. We rarely leave empty handed.
Thanks

KB90
09-28-2011, 11:20 PM
5-13 is a huge MU, need more specifics. If it is area B I might be of service

Jelvis
09-28-2011, 11:23 PM
The country north and northwest of Alexis Creek is interlaced with logging roads and is wonderful mule deer country.
Lovely country to hunt with mule deer on the menu.
Several roads run north from Alexis Crick and the northern part of MU 5-13 can be reached via the Nazko road from Quesnel.
Moose and mule deer.
From Beaver Dam Creek on Rosita-Meldrum Forest Road, no hunting within so many meters of the centerline, check regulations for updates yourself. lol. Your home work.
Chilly Cootin East .. MU 5-13 .. Access to southern part of 5-13 from Alexis Creek on Hwy 20 via the Stum Lake road system and Alexis Creek road.
Fair mule deer and some swamp donkey.
You want moose? The Nazko road west from Quesnel on Hwy 97 provides access to roads which run through some fair to good moose country.
If your looking for Mr. Grizz see the newest up to date B.C. Hunting and Trapping Synopsis or/and Leh papers.
Jel .. Chilly Cootin east mu 5-13

The Silent Stalker
09-29-2011, 12:24 AM
Jelvis, nice job on lending a hand. I like seeing people sharing information that helps to enhance other hunter's experiences. We all started out knowing nothing at one point.

willyqbc
09-29-2011, 12:15 PM
I'll echo the above post....need to know what region to help narrow it down....A,B or C???

Chris

E.B.
09-29-2011, 01:08 PM
5-13 is also a no atv zone. Im in quesnel and can give you some advice depending on what part of the zone you are in.

Rob Chipman
09-29-2011, 05:43 PM
I've seen more moose in 5-13 than mulies, but I've actually seen lot's of both. Lot's of moose along the Blackwater (river and road from Nazko) and lot's of deer further upriver from the bridge close to Nazko. Just past the upper bridge (the one closest to Nazko, you can turn upriver and get quite far upstream (Teepee Lake, etc).