PDA

View Full Version : Bushwacking round Whiteman Creek, 8-11

TronsonStalker
09-28-2011, 07:33 PM
Well comrades, first time posting, long time hunting, yeah, I'm over 50!!!
Just spent two days hunting hard off the Tusk and South Fork. I hit all the usual holes and lots of older sign but nothing fresh. Ran into a nice gent this morning and exchanges pleasantries, and the sun was shining later on in the morning. Can't get any better than that. The old chevy tracker got me into some hard spots, had lunch over the campfire and headed home today. Saw a 4 point out at 400 yds but wind was up last night so I let him off. Life's good, and we live in the best place in the world. Anyone else have some experience around there lately. It's obvious they're not moving yet.

Cheers, and happy hunting, Brian

Jelvis
09-28-2011, 07:44 PM
Hey Brian, good for you and very pleasant thread starter, Whiteman Rocks!

TronsonStalker
09-28-2011, 08:30 PM
Thanks J!! To add to the story, you could say I feel pretty blessed to be out hunting. Six months ago I had a 6 artery heart bypass, and was sitting in St. Paul's wondering how I could work my recovery. Well, here I am, hiking the mountains and loving every day out there. My son and I are hunting buddies and it don't get any better than that!! Cheers, Brian

BigfishCanada
09-28-2011, 08:32 PM
Refreshing post, Hear hear!!! Thanks for sharing and welcome to the site TronsonStalker!

birosj
09-29-2011, 09:34 PM
Well Tron, that was me 3 years ago. Also a 6er. May 1 2008. Aug that year out quadding, Oct out hunting. Can't put us old dogs down.
I hunt with my son also. Great to have the younger ones out there to help us pull the animals out.

TronsonStalker
10-02-2011, 07:51 PM
Glad to hear you're doing well and still out there!! Yup, sure helps to have them younger ones for packin', done my share and it's my son's turn now!!
We enjoy our hunts together, lots of time to just be together, buddies..... and father/son, what could be better!! You must have a little Scottish in ya, Doc said
I've done all the right things but I've got two things against me German and Scottish genetics!!! We'll go down hard, though!! Regards, Bri

Dirty Steve
10-03-2011, 07:17 AM
Did a trip up and over Equisis to Pinaus Lk the other day, saw a couple does close to Pinaus, that's it. Also did some hiking up above Westwold, didn't see a damn deer all morning on Sat.
Glad to hear your out having a good time, your heart will appreciate the hiking! I bet you feel like a million bucks after gettin a tune up.

scottwh
10-03-2011, 08:18 AM
Good to see your still given-er up in the bush! Great hunting up there. A little snow and that area rocks! See you there some day!