PDA

View Full Version : Pass Lake

fester
09-28-2011, 11:21 AM
Hello All,

I am headed to the Pass Lake area for some hunting with some friends from down south. They have been in that area a number of times and are looking to fill a Grizz tag and they have the areas all figured out.
Does anyone have any ideas on deer in the area?? Also how about truot fishing in the torpy or pass lake??

Thanks for the help.

Just edited. Does anybody know if there is access to Pass Lake??

Brian011
09-28-2011, 12:22 PM
Pass lake around kamloops?

Caveman
09-28-2011, 12:25 PM
Pass lake around kamloops?

I can't imagine.

moosinaround
09-28-2011, 12:34 PM
Pass Lake iis in the middle of the rocky mountain trench. There are mulies around, but not particularily plentyful. You will have a good chance at a nice blackie, and you should see quite a few moose, maybe even a spike fork!! Grizz will be wolfin down late season berries and hangin around gut piles. Trout fishing should be good in the lakes, never fished them personally but they should be there? Dolly fishing in the rivers should be good, if it is open, I haven't checked the regs. It is fun country to spend time in, enjoy, wish I could get out that way! Have fun, Moosin

fester
09-28-2011, 02:15 PM
thanks. for the info. I have not had a chance to look at either regs yet either as the trip is happening fast.

Pass Lake is north of purden lake off of the mcbride highway.

swampthing
09-28-2011, 03:26 PM
I have hit that area quite a bit for 3 years now. I have seen 2 whitetail does. I had the fall grizz draw there 3 years ago and came up empty. I see moose in there in the spring but have never seen one in the fall. I believe the road is still washed out so you need atvs to get in. I met the local who owns the cabin on the way in. He said fishing is on and off in pass lk with fish less than a pound. We didnt discuss the river. I keep going back because those big rugged mountains keep calling me.

tonoffun80
09-28-2011, 03:35 PM
My father-in-law saw a big white buck about 5 or so years ago. just as you turn on to mcgregor mt rd.

jml11
09-28-2011, 05:53 PM
Several washouts will limit access if you don't have quads...I don't think you can get to Pass Lake by truck right now. The cargill is also washed out...big boar grizzly spotted at that washout last week!

Schmaus
09-28-2011, 07:04 PM
Please don't quote me on this but, I think the washout is fixed on the Walker side. I heard it through the grapevine, wouldn't bet a lot of money on it but its better than nothing :)

fester
09-29-2011, 08:38 AM
I am heading in up the walker and then onto sande fsr and then down pass lake rd. The people I am going to meet there say it is all open?? but that mcgregor is washed out.

fester
09-29-2011, 11:23 AM
Does anybody have any confirmation on these roads????

reach
10-01-2011, 08:57 PM
I am heading in up the walker and then onto sande fsr and then down pass lake rd. The people I am going to meet there say it is all open?? but that mcgregor is washed out.
Don't know about the washout on the Walker, but I know the Sande road is an adventure. At least it was a couple of years ago. We made it through in my stock Ranger 4x4 but there were quite a few mud pits towards the Walker end. It's no longer maintained. If you're going, you better have plenty of recovery gear and hopefully two trucks "just in case".

heybert
10-02-2011, 06:34 PM
Dad just got back from the area. He knows the local forestry guy (Ray Burgess?), who told him that the way to Pass Lake is still washed out. and the area around Purden is a disaster. Anyway, they went to Walker Creek, where they usually hunt and the road off of Sande on the 7-18 side is still washed out. Sande is an adventure for sure w/o a quad. There is one area that you can barely get a quad through due to a hole in the ground.

gunnar_17
10-03-2011, 12:13 PM
Walker washed out at thirty, sandy is atv/ major 4x4 access only right now. Pass lake road access is almost non existent due to wash out....

fester
10-03-2011, 12:20 PM
Thanks for all the info. My hunting mates are heading into the region still but have had to change plans. I am going to stick around home instead and get ready for my cow draw.