PDA

View Full Version : where to go for a day trip?

russm
09-27-2011, 11:50 PM
Me and my buddy are talking about going for a day trip this weekend but we're not sure on where to go ,im thinking pemberton or squamish area and hes saying harrison which im not too entusiastic about.Im looking for somewhere with a dcent deer/grouse population,any help would be appreciated,feel free to pm me if you have info youd don;t want to share with everyone.

Whonnock Boy
09-28-2011, 12:08 AM
Well, I would head up off the Coquihalla, or the other side of Manning. It really is not that far, and you can be in decent Muley country in about 2 hours if you know where to go. Go out and do a little exploring.

Weatherby Fan
09-28-2011, 12:12 AM
Well, I would head up off the Coquihalla, or the other side of Manning. It really is not that far, and you can be in decent Muley country in about 2 hours if you know where to go. Go out and do a little exploring.

My thoughts exactly,Eastgate to Princeton lots of area and big blue grouse up that way,either side of the highway-just pick a road.

Steeleco
09-28-2011, 08:00 AM
Same of the Coq. Tons of options between the old toll booth area and Merritt.

CHEAM
09-28-2011, 05:08 PM
Pike mnt. Cut through Brookmere and it is only two half hrs. LOts of grouse and it is any buck on saturday. White tail and Mulys

swampdonkey
09-28-2011, 08:13 PM
there is no deer on pike mtn

new hunter
09-28-2011, 08:48 PM
squamish main has been flooded and may be inaccessible , much of pemberton area is being logged {green river fsr , soo valley fsr , rutherford fsr was this year but theyre done now } , and the meager slide and risk of another one has shut access to that area . If you have other places to hunt up here it might be worth the trip , but otherwise . I really wish I was just trying to keep city hunters out {not my style } , but unfortunately its kind of screwing up my year .

Steeleco
09-28-2011, 08:56 PM
there is no deer on pike mtn

No trees either the last time I was in there. Damn beetle!!

swampdonkey
09-29-2011, 08:28 AM
No trees either the last time I was in there. Damn beetle!! are old camp is gone to they logged all around it at 21km up by fremd cr rd are you heading up to range this year

new hunter
09-29-2011, 09:47 AM
That explains all the logging going on around pemberton too .

yota
09-29-2011, 01:33 PM
I've been up Harrison West FSR and Chehalis FSR every second day for the past couple weeks. Total animals 2 bears one of which had a pair of cubs, 3 does and a couple dozen grouse but the grouse where only at the very top of the mountains and kinda skiddish. I would say head up the coq, or towards princeton at least you have a better chance at seeing more animals.

Fishgutz
09-29-2011, 01:55 PM
I was up on the coq on the weekend (saturday) 9-10 hours off road and only saw one very very skiddish grouse!