PDA

View Full Version : Red lk directions

bc7mm
09-27-2011, 10:08 PM
Will be passing through the Kamloops area soon and would like to drop my float tube into Red lk for the afternoon.

Would someone be so kind as to give me directions from Savona ( if indeed you can get to Red lake from there).

Thanks

lovemywinchester
09-27-2011, 10:17 PM
Its a long road. You should try Morgan Lake instead. Just up the hill from Savona and a trophy lake. Fly only and lots of big fish. Go up the Tunkwa lake rd and turn after the first little farm on your left and it goes right to the lake.

bc7mm
09-28-2011, 07:30 AM
Will do, thanks

BigfishCanada
09-28-2011, 08:08 AM
If coming from Cache Creek, its the first left before the surplus herby sign, 43 KM up a great condition road. Have your rifle with you for the drive. Lots of bucks in that area

bc7mm
09-28-2011, 06:49 PM
Not entirely sure where surplus herby is, is this in Kamloops?

Yes will have a rifle along, never leave home without it this time of year. Fish the day, maybe a deer on the way out, who knows. My daughter shot her first the other day in the few minutes that day it stopped raining. A difficult 20 yd standing shot, just what you want to see for the first deer.

thanks

Caveman
09-28-2011, 06:56 PM
Sabistan Cris Creek road, then merge left on Copper Cr Rd takes right to the lake, from just west of Savona. It's a fair ways in though

bc7mm
10-24-2011, 09:01 AM
Was in at Red lk last week, took a small 4x3 and a 3 and 4 lb brookie. Used a dragonfly nymph for the brookies (and a 168 tsx on the buck) both with excellent results.

4 lb Brookie was hooked in shallow water on the north side of the island, the 3 lb on the east side. Hooked about 10 in an hour and a half. Deer was taken about 20 mins after first light on the 18th, about 80yds quartering away. The tsx from my 300 win mag entered second rib from the back opened up three ribs going in due to the extreme angle and exited just off center thru the neck. Bullet passed thru one lung. Deer went about 15 yds.

I tried to attach a pic but absolutely suck at this. Thanks to all for their help with this trip. Will likely fish in the area again next fall with a dragonfly and hopefully another tsx.

BigfishCanada
10-26-2011, 07:26 AM
Good work BC