PDA

View Full Version : Possibility again?

Iron-Head
09-12-2006, 05:04 PM
Hey everyone, Getting back to my old thread "Some what ... CHOKED".
My hunting partner Tom and I are trying to find out Some more information on the fire as we speak, So the Ashnola LEH looks like its becoming an option again. But if for any reason out plans get delayed again, we where looking at hunting region 3 for sheep in the general open season? We have a slight idea of where one might go for a sheep in this area but are looking to see if there is anyone who might be able to pass on some information on hunting these critters in this area, If you have any info/Help you could pass on that would be greatly appreciated, Thanks in advance,
Symon.

JMac
09-12-2006, 05:10 PM
Symon
A friend of mine and his Dad are in the Ashnola right now for California's they left on last wed/thurs (6/7th) and are not back yet, so if I had to guess they're still hunting for his ram.

Iron-Head
09-12-2006, 05:57 PM
Yes, I have a few friends that are up there as we speak as well actually. I know there was no problem with access last week but now the Ashnola road is closed and the tatoosh fire is 0%contained, Which does not look good for the access oppurtunities in that area, We are going to try but this is just a last option thing.

Jelvis
09-12-2006, 06:47 PM
I'm not sure but Check around Spences bridge in your regs and Kamloops too but not Kamloops I R can't hunt on it, anything else is in the regs but check those I don't hunt sheep.09 12 06

bsa30-06
09-12-2006, 06:59 PM
I don't hunt sheep, but i would look around spences bridge.I have seen sheep hunters right on the highway glassing the hill behind the resteraunt.I've even saw sheep feeding there way up the hill while i was in the resteraunt having breakfast.Good luck.

Jelvis
09-12-2006, 07:40 PM
Symon Says Sheep; When I was jogging in the spring of this year I saw big rams on the hills above Ord rd between N Kammy and the kammy airport Full curls I Don't sheep hunt but above Kamloops Lake on the South Facing slopes theres Sheep and humongous mule bucks in MU 3:29 (check your BC hunting regs).A few kms West fromThe famous DewDrop. The north shore of Kamloops Lake. (Rosseau cr ) Is the name For Big Muley bucks and Sheep is it's Domain Comes off the Red Plateau which is reached from Tranquille rd passed the Kamloops Airport And goes up towards Red Lake You could come down on them from Red Plateau or across from Copper Cr or go in and up west of the DewDrop( Check and look at BC REC Atlas) and BC Hunting Regs to see if there open there. good sheep hunting, it certainly won't be easy, I hope your in shape and like to sleep under the stars in the bush but it would be the ultimate challenge Jel from Kammy 0912 06

Iron-Head
09-12-2006, 09:09 PM
Thanks allot Jelvis that sure is some good info, I am very rugularly looking at the bc forest service fire update web site, hoping for the magic words "no road closures!" I will let you all know how it goes, We will be leaving this thursday!

bcfarmer
09-12-2006, 09:14 PM
symon...my understanding is that the ashnola is open to the 21km mark...this is where they are staging for the fire. If this is so then you are well within both crater roads window.
hope this helps

Iron-Head
09-12-2006, 09:45 PM
Effective September 9, 2006 and until further notice, the Kamloops Fire Centre Manager has restricted access to the Ashnola Forest Service Road at six kilometre and southbound in the interests of public safety and to avoid interference with fire control efforts. The restriction does not affect residents who are entering the area in the course of travelling to or from their residence.

Kirby
09-12-2006, 10:24 PM
Symon Says Sheep; When I was jogging in the spring of this year I saw big rams on the hills above Ord rd between N Kammy and the kammy airport Full curls I Don't sheep hunt but above Kamloops Lake on the South Facing slopes theres Sheep and humongous mule bucks in MU 3:29 (check your BC hunting regs).A few kms West fromThe famous DewDrop. The north shore of Kamloops Lake. (Rosseau cr ) Is the name For Big Muley bucks and Sheep is it's Domain Comes off the Red Plateau which is reached from Tranquille rd passed the Kamloops Airport And goes up towards Red Lake You could come down on them from Red Plateau or across from Copper Cr or go in and up west of the DewDrop( Check and look at BC REC Atlas) and BC Hunting Regs to see if there open there. good sheep hunting, it certainly won't be easy, I hope your in shape and like to sleep under the stars in the bush but it would be the ultimate challenge Jel from Kammy 0912 06

That area for sheep by kamloops is LEH only, and a 600:1 odds of drawing. You've gotta hunt areas closer to the fraser to get an open season.

Kirby

mapguy
09-13-2006, 07:01 AM
marble range maybe

3kills
09-13-2006, 08:18 AM
well symon it has bee pourin here all mornin so hopefully they are gettin it over there too...

Iron-Head
09-13-2006, 08:40 AM
3 Kills, I can only hope... My fingers aare crossed, I will let you guys know of the update by this afternoon.
Symon

3kills
09-13-2006, 10:20 AM
hopefully eh....i keep checkin the fire protection site too...really hopin and prayin for ya would like to here u dumped a nice sheep....

Iron-Head
09-13-2006, 10:36 AM
Me too, I would love a nice big horn

Rainwater
09-13-2006, 04:13 PM
It's rainin in the Ashnola right now, 4:10 pm Sept. 13/06.

3kills
09-13-2006, 04:45 PM
just got reports that its snowin at higher elevations around merritt area so it looks like it might be good for u to go...

Iron-Head
09-13-2006, 05:03 PM
Well the forecast is straight rain and hail and snow for four days!
I talked to the bc forest service and their goal is to reach 80% contained by tonight.