PDA

View Full Version : Pal ?

cmbosn
09-27-2011, 05:48 PM
Just wanting to know where i could find the list of people who test for PAL?

new hunter
09-27-2011, 05:59 PM
where r you ? I don't know about challenging the test , but if youre in the vancouver Silvercore teaches the course , pretty well in my opinion . Check with youre local gun store as to who teaches the course , if they don't have a guy tha teaches the P.A.l. , they'll know someone who does .
Since you're on this forum I would assume you wan't to hunt , that said its not the P.A.L. you want , but the CORE course , which will also certify you to get youre PAL. Good luck .

scallywag
09-27-2011, 06:03 PM
Langford in Victoria right?? Contact the Victoria fish and game good group of guys they will help you out

cmbosn
09-27-2011, 08:34 PM
I have the core already, just want to get my pal so I can buy a rifle.
Thanks for the tip about fish and game

new hunter
09-28-2011, 08:04 PM
I believe you can apply for your PAL with just the proof that you took your core since the core has a government accepted gun safety section . To apply for a PAL you don't have to take the PAL course , you simply have to have taken a government approved firearms course . Thats why ex military and law enforcement can apply for a PAL as well as old FAC holders {without taking the course } . I may be wrong if theyve changed the rules recently , but it could save you a lot of trouble if you call the canadian firearms center and ask {I believe two of my coworkere did exactly that two years ago }. Canadian firearms centre phone number is 18007314000 .
Good luck .

cmbosn
09-28-2011, 11:37 PM
Hey that's good news thanks for the tip, I'm currently serving in the forces right now so that my just work out in my favour.