PDA

View Full Version : Aluminum Arrows

Festus
09-27-2011, 02:39 PM
I have a PSE Thunder Flite Express bow and have been using aluminum arrows all the while. I was in a Big Box store and was told it is nearly impossible to buy new aluminum arrows unless it may be via Internet sources. This sort of surprised. Is this correct? I still have a dozen unused arrows besides my current arrows so I should be ok.
Thanks for feedback. Reason I haven't upgraded is I've not bow hunted much in the last ten years or so but thinking about it.

Bow Walker
09-27-2011, 04:05 PM
Aluminum arrows/shafts are carried by most sports shops and or archery shops.

Still too many guys using them, so they will keep carrying them.

Festus
09-27-2011, 06:41 PM
Thanks for responding. Sort of like an old pair of shoes, get too comfortable.

Barry O'Regan
09-27-2011, 10:42 PM
Aluminum arrows I don't think will ever go away, too many of us enjoy em.

Bowzone_Mikey
09-28-2011, 08:54 AM
I have a PSE Thunder Flite Express bow and have been using aluminum arrows all the while. I was in a Big Box store and was told it is nearly impossible to buy new aluminum arrows unless it may be via Internet sources. This sort of surprised. Is this correct? I still have a dozen unused arrows besides my current arrows so I should be ok.
Thanks for feedback. Reason I haven't upgraded is I've not bow hunted much in the last ten years or so but thinking about it.

Dont feel bad .. I was in a Hunting store once and was told that Easton didnt make archery equipment ... they only make hockey equipment .... needless to say I havent been back to that store ....
Alums will be around longer that you will ever be .... I dont suggest going to that store again to get help for anything as they clearly have no clue

huntwriter
09-28-2011, 09:22 AM
Go to a pro-archery store and they will provide you with aluminum arrows. Carbon arrows are all the rage these days. There is nothing wrong with aluminum arrows been using them from the day I started bowhunting and they NEVER failed me yet. This is not a bad record considering that hunt on average 150 days in any given year. In fact I just ordered another dozen from Easton.

Festus
09-29-2011, 08:57 AM
Thanks for the replies. Will definitely go to a pro-archery shop when I'm buying. Nothing in Kamloops unfortunately so it will probably be Kelowna.

Bow Walker
09-29-2011, 09:47 AM
Give Grouse River a try.

new hunter
09-29-2011, 10:22 AM
I was looking for an archery glove and arm guard at canadian tire last season , they had no Idea what I was talking about , even sent me to the gardening section for gardening gloves . This year theyve got gloves , gaurds releases , vanes , you name it . Unfortunately I've put off bow hunting this year .
Maybe next year they'll listen to me and order hornady 7.62x39 soft points .