PDA

View Full Version : My spca champ

wunderboy
09-27-2011, 12:47 PM
Today my dog did his first retrieve to my feet of a real grouse. I didn't tape it so I made him do it again at home. I am sure some of you pro's will laugh at his form. We both have a blast hunting and I know ALL of you pros can appreciate that.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=bd6EqEJvh3o

Sasquatch
09-27-2011, 05:47 PM
Congrats. Looks like he has a nice soft mouth too.

Kasomor
09-27-2011, 07:33 PM
Sweet :-D:-D

Foxton Gundogs
09-28-2011, 10:08 AM
Nice form isnt everything, results and fun rate pretty damn high as well.

greenhorn
09-28-2011, 10:15 AM
Wicked!!! Can tell you're a proud Dad!

Stone Sheep Steve
09-28-2011, 11:25 AM
Congrats, always nice to see the dogs working.

Just curious as I was informed by the SPCA that if I was using my dog as a gun dog or a cattle dog they wouldn't let it be adopted as the risk was too high to the animals... did they know what you were doing with the dog?

SPCA= friggin pet Nazi's. "No Dog for you!" (thinking of an episode from Seinfeld)

SSS

laredo318
09-28-2011, 11:41 AM
Nice!!! Form??? Looked good to me.
I guess is important for competition. You got results, and that is more important.
Congrats on the rescue of the pound puppy!!!!!!!

bushpig slayer
09-28-2011, 03:30 PM
ta hell with the spca it's a freakn work dog doing it's thing.and now enjoying life good on ya for that.or would it be better in a plastic bubble in a cage.wishing it could one day enjoy the outdoors.let the animals enjoy life!

wunderboy
09-28-2011, 09:15 PM
The spca never asked me. I was raised that dogs are happier with a job to do and mine seems to love his job. When he sees me go to the safe and get the shotgun out his eye's light up.

He would love to hare hunt if any of you run beagles that could show him the ropes. I am sure he would feel right at home with a pack of beagles.

FirePower
09-29-2011, 09:58 AM
The spca never asked me. I was raised that dogs are happier with a job to do and mine seems to love his job. When he sees me go to the safe and get the shotgun out his eye's light up.

He would love to hare hunt if any of you run beagles that could show him the ropes. I am sure he would feel right at home with a pack of beagles.

Nice job, a dog with a job, exactly how it was ment to be, In Britian Spaniels "bolt" hares much the same as they flush upland birds. I think Keith Erlandson's book goes into some training details on the subject.

huckle buck
09-29-2011, 07:36 PM
i hunt rabits with my spaniel froam febuary to augest good fun and some sporting shots nothing else to hunt and spaniels love rabit scent good luck with your dog happey hunting