PDA

View Full Version : deactivated roads

tonoffun80
09-27-2011, 09:18 AM
I have a buddy that was trying to tell me it is illegal to enter a deactivated road in the lower mainland. just wondering if there is truth to that.
Up north i'm on a few of this roads and have never had any problems.

d6dan
09-27-2011, 09:34 AM
No its not illegal, especially if your on a quad. I've driven through ditches/waterbars in a vehicle. They deactivate the roads so there's no road maintenance expenses.

Jelvis
09-27-2011, 09:36 AM
Deactivated means not maintained as a road and eventually it grows over and has washouts and or little ditches carved into it. The sign is put up to WARN snow machines and atv people so they can't sue.
Jel .. Sue U Sue Me .. a black bear in a tree ..

tonoffun80
09-27-2011, 09:37 AM
Thats what i though. i was looking for a second opinion thanx

cumminsforever
09-27-2011, 10:52 PM
Yup exactly they just take out the culverts n deactivating just means the roads wont be kept up.

cumminsforever
09-27-2011, 10:55 PM
Just watch em erosion bars I hit one up 4x4ing one day only 18 what can I say I hit one with my buddy going to fast by the time I saw it I locked em up but still hurt.

Hit one about 3 years ago on a quad was at the crest of a hill hit it about 75 almost went over the handle bars.

metroplex
09-28-2011, 12:27 AM
It's only a liability thing for forest companies to be released of some road safety and environmental obligations. You're free to hunt on them.

Tenaka
09-29-2011, 09:02 AM
Here is one more minor add on to what you all said above. It is illegal to damage the integredy of the road, even if it is deactivated. No big deal for atv'ers but if you get caught in heavy rain and dig the water bars up with a your pickup, there is fine. There is no law saying that you cannot drive on deactivated roads as long as you are not creating enviornmental damage or impacting water control devices ( cross ditches).