PDA

View Full Version : New Guy!

Steelheadfreak
09-12-2006, 11:52 AM
Hello everyone.

Well Im new to this and this looks like a good way to get some info. I used to hunt rabbits and small critters as kid but actually havent shot a gun in over 20 years. The new inlaws want me to start hunting with them and I said sure! Now, where do I start is the question. They have no idea as they are Native and dont know the rules that govern me, whitie :lol: . So hear I am. How do I get started? Licenses or courses I need to obtain a firearm? Compulsorary hunting course? Put it this way, Im brand friggin new so please speek in laymans if ya can. Thanks again.

partsman
09-12-2006, 12:21 PM
I will try and add the link to this for the Firearms site.

http://www.cfc-cafc.gc.ca/compliance-conformite/safety-surete/default_e.asp

The Firearms Act requires that individuals wishing to acquire non-restricted firearms must take the Canadian Firearms Safety Course (CFSC) and pass the tests or challenge and pass the CFSC tests without taking the course. Individuals who wish to acquire restricted firearms must also take the Canadian Restricted Firearms Safety Course (CRFSC) and pass the tests or challenge and pass the CRFSC tests without taking the course. The following information refers to safety education and training. Please select from the Menu below.

Blacktail
09-12-2006, 12:32 PM
First off.......welcome to the site
You will find some excellent info and people here.

You will need to take the CFSC Firearms course for a Firearms licence and the CORE course to obtain a resident hunting licence in BC.

Where are you located??
If it is on lower Vancouver Island I can stear you in the right direction.

Steelheadfreak
09-12-2006, 12:44 PM
Well thanks for the quik reply! Im in Chilliwack and green. I mean green as grass as far as what and where to start. I used to have a FAC but let it expire years ago. So starting from scratch. Im not too dumb.........:lol: so just need to be pointed in the right direction to get the ball rolling.

Wildman
09-12-2006, 01:06 PM
Welcome.

Check this site out.

http://www.nfa.ca/index.php?option=com_bookmarks&itemid=1&catid=43&navstart=0&task=detail&mode=0&id=743&search=*

It will give you the instructors phone numbers for the CFSC and CRFSC courses in your area along with the costs assosiated to the courses.

Chilliwack

William Wimpney - 795-5919
Andrew Gebert - 793-0221
Melvin Dureen - 792-1635
Gilbert Joe - 792-6439

mainland hunter
09-12-2006, 01:09 PM
my friend is looking to do his cfsc course to get a gun license, ive contacted several people who teach as has Radar from this site.(i think) when the next course starts here in abby ill contact you if you'd like. they just ran a core program here on sept.2nd which is what you'll need to get your "hunter number" with that number you can purchase hunting licenses and species tags. the core program will give you a good handle on what you need to know from there. feel free to contact me via pm if you want any other info

shoot to kill
09-12-2006, 04:13 PM
i see you made your way here from fishbc, good too have you onboard

Steelheadfreak
09-12-2006, 04:36 PM
i see you made your way here from fishbc, good too have you onboard

Ive been thinking of getting into hunting again for a while now. With the new extended family, its now a must..........:lol: . It will make the jetboat payments that much more justified too..........lol.