PDA

View Full Version : Delorme Spot Device

Rubicon500
09-26-2011, 06:42 PM
Well got back last week from a 12 day stone hunt , brought along the new Spot GPS combo. Beside being a PITA figuring it out and how to make it work in the first place at home , It did nothing but FAIL to impress me along the way. With less than 5 hours on , only sending simple pre loaded msgs it drained batterys big time. In 12 days of use , it drained 6 lithium batterys. So Delorme/spot will be getting some feedback from my expericnce. Back to the old first gen spot for me. :evil:

Mark_S
09-26-2011, 07:09 PM
I had been considering one of these when time came to replace my GPS. Looks like I will keep on searching.

Thanks

.270boy
10-01-2011, 06:56 AM
use a spot at work.... We never turn it off its on for months at a time. Hit the button to send where we are 2-3 times a day. Never had a problem with it. This is one of the original spots though.

kennyj
10-01-2011, 11:31 AM
I'm still using the original battery in my spot. I started using it in '08 on my Dall hunt and its worked every time on half a dozen trips since. I only have basic service and send OK messages.
kenny

hntcrazy
10-01-2011, 11:43 AM
Delorme spot drains batteries big time. i too took mine back to the store . gen 1 and 2 dont use batteries up at all...