PDA

View Full Version : 3-44 Oxbow manteau park moose

Brew
09-26-2011, 05:54 PM
I have the the first week of oct off of work now. Last minute hunt that wasnt planned and I am trying to find a new area to look for an illusive immy moose. Has anyone ever hunted this area for moose. Are there many around or do they hangout at the higher elevation and wait for the snow to push em down. How are the deer there as well? Any info would be great. How is access in the area?

09-26-2011, 06:12 PM
They will likely be high or tight on long the river, depending on . lots of local trucks in and out, take a winch, lots of cable and rope the terrain is almost straight up or straight down.

They will be getting rut stupid though so ya never know, not a lot of deer, black and G bear though.

CT

Brew
09-26-2011, 06:15 PM
Thanks curly top. Sounds kinda like the mcbride area then. Is the bush just as thick as mcbride also.

Orangethunder
09-26-2011, 09:59 PM
Thicker and much much nastier! Moose numbers are down a fair but there unfortunately. There are some whitetails near the highway, try along the pipeline near dark.

dana
09-27-2011, 04:58 PM
Last year I worked up the Manteau for the first couple weeks of Oct. Only saw 2 moose in that entire time. Hunter numbers were way down too. Only saw one group in there when most years it is plenty busy. Good as any place for an immy though, as they are more elusive than bigfoot. ;)

MattB
09-27-2011, 05:09 PM
Saw an immy in there this summer. Definitely a lot better areas than manteau for deer. If I was going somewhere in reg 3 for moose it wouldn't be north of Kamloops