PDA

View Full Version : blueberry ranch region 7

t-bone
09-26-2011, 05:30 PM
Can anyone help me with information on the blueberry reserve in the peace region. I have a draw for bison in 7-57A in the last two weeks of nov, and am told they rent cabins and allow access through their reserve for a fee. Can anyone tell me from their experience anything that would be helpful in regards to accommodation. Also where is the ranch ? thanks.

Buck
09-26-2011, 05:43 PM
We payed the access fee during the Dec 1st to 15th window.It was well worth the money since snow levels were iffy.Hunter payed $175.00 and helpers payed $75.00 each.The cabins looked alright never heard any complaints we stayed at the Pink mountain hotel but i would rather stay at the cabins as it cuts out alot of travel time.Wall tent back in the Halfway would also be a great option some very nice camping spots back in there.I believe the turnoff was just before Ma's kitchen if i remember correctly.

ufishifish2
09-26-2011, 09:12 PM
We camped there for our bison hunt in January. We stayed in my camper just outside the front gate of the Blueberry Ranch. Vern didn't seem to like it much. You don't need to stay there, and definately don't need to pay to cross through the ranch. It is simple to quad/sled around for free. To each their own of course.
It would be nice to stay on the ranch because you could get first tracks much easier each day if you want. The trail that bypasses the ranch will probably add about 45 mins to your trip each way.

fearnodeer
09-27-2011, 06:22 AM
We are heading to the ranch today and we booked a cabin for three, another HBC member is going up in a few days as well and he booked there to. From the reseach i've done its the place to stay and its a once in a lifetime hunt so why not enjoy it. The phone numbers they give you don't work very well so the new people running it are Glenn & Tylene @ 250-787-6775 they friendly to talk to. Its my buddies 14 year old sons draw and his first hunt so should be exciting, pm me if you like and i will advise what it was like when we get back on the oct long weekend.

t-bone
10-01-2011, 05:40 PM
fearnodeer, looking forward to hearing of your trip I will talk when you return. I am new to the site so will have to figure out how to pm if this is not what im am doing now