PDA

View Full Version : Meat bull 5-02C

Gunner
09-26-2011, 02:03 PM
Just got back,took a medium size bull Saturday just before dark,it took til midnight to get him back to camp.It was tough hunting,the weather was warm and very windy.Bulls weren't responding well to the call,and if they were coming in you couldn't hear them over the wind.The bull I took didn't make a sound but I could see him coming from a long ways away.THere is a lot of wolf sign in the area which also might have something to do with the silent bulls,but I think the rut wasn't in full swing because of the weather.Cheers,Gunner

Getbent
09-26-2011, 02:22 PM
Good work on the Bull!
It was hard hunting for sure with the weather this early season.
we hunted 5-04 and saw one bull on our way out and only knew of one taken other than the ones the FN's shot weeks before we got there.

so good job...any photos?

Getbent

Gunner
09-26-2011, 02:32 PM
It was pitch dark by the time we got the truck & quad trailer back to where he was,we were parked 17K away.Didn't even have the camera in the pack it was back at camp and with the work we had to do pics were the last thing on my mind!Typical small bull around 550-600 live weight.If he'd been a lot bigger we'd still be there.My partner's quad has no lights so we had to bring the truck to the moose rather than the other way around.That added quite a bit of time to the process. Gunner

coach
09-26-2011, 03:07 PM
Congrats, Gunner! That'll be a tasty one and well worth the effort.