PDA

View Full Version : Hamskea Curing your Axis of Evil

Barry O'Regan
09-25-2011, 09:43 PM
Here is an article on curing your 3rd Axis issues (http://3darcheryqa.blogspot.com/2011/09/hamskea-curing-your-axis-of-evil.html), it would have been nice to post it on here in its entirety, but this forum has limited photo attachment capabilities.

I had issues with my sights 3rd axis, and once tuned, my arrows accuracy has improved substantially.

How many of us take it for granted our new sight is turnkey and ready to shoot out of the box? I know I did!

Most likely 90% of archers, whether shooting target, 3D or hunting take it as gospel.

Gospel soon runs out of prayer when many who are shooting various distances, including uphill and downhill find they miss the 3D X spot or the FITA target or Game animal entirely. Some blame it on the their shooting stance, broadheads, vanes, arrows or the bow, the excuses can be endless. Perhaps one reason may be that out of the box bow sight could be the culprit.

A missed shot when hunting game, lost scores in field shooting and 3D shoots may be attributed to your sights' axis. Hunters using Broadheads or shooting uphill or downhill in rough terrain will certainly understand why a getting your Axis sight planes bang on is important.

Bow Walker
09-26-2011, 09:30 AM
Great article for those that take tuning their own equipment seriously. While it might not be for everyone, it will certainly pay dividends in the accuracy department.

If a shooter doesn't have the tools or the inclination to do his/her own tuning, and takes it to someone else to get it done - make sure that whoever tunes your bow knows what they are doing. If they can't explain what they intend to do to your bow (so that you understand) I'd suggest that you take it somewhere else, to someone who can explain the procedures to you.

I'm going to have to be nicer to Barry now that he has established his credentials........:-| :mrgreen:

Barry O'Regan
09-26-2011, 10:28 AM
Thanks for the comments Bow Walker, certainly will answer the question to those who wonder how come their arrows go left and right on those up and downhill shots, once they have determined it is not their form (Hand Torque), release, bow tuning issues or arrow spine problems.