PDA

View Full Version : Face Lake 3-19

RoscoeP
09-25-2011, 06:22 PM
Anyone here hunted in this area(3-19) I believe. It is not far from Logan Lake. What would be the best week to be there. Looking for Mulies and whitetails, thinking week of 24-28 Oct. Any info much appreciated.:confused: Cheers Roscoe

Caveman
09-25-2011, 06:30 PM
Good area, good timing. I don't know about Whiteys in there but lots of cuts. The bucks should be starting to prowl about then. It used to get lots of pressure, been awhile since I've been in there. Dominic lake and Greenstone are just a stones throw away. Was always a fair number of moose back there as well

MuleyMadness
09-25-2011, 06:36 PM
It's not great deer hunting up there, at least I have never seen tons and tons of em. They are there of course, but it's much better moose country really. Tons of area, whether you like road or hiking hunting, it's all there for you. Personally I moose hunt in the area, but never go there for deer. Plus it's way better once the snow starts to fly (so November is best, later the better) because there are large willow patches that the moose concentrate into once they are in the post rut and the snow is pushing them down.

A better place to go for Whitetails in the area is the other side of the road (east side)into Logan Lake (which also holds it's fair share of moose). The whole area is a fairly popular hunting spot, which tells you a couple of things....first there are animals there to be had, otherwise people would stop going there, and you're gonna have to be patient, because you're not going to have the whole area to yourself.

Good luck, and enjoy yourself.