PDA

View Full Version : Bowen Island hunt info

city hunter
09-25-2011, 12:59 AM
Hi There I am wondering if anyone had hunted in Bowen Island for deer before ?I would like to go but know nothing about it,I saw the reg synopsis said that bow only season at 2-16 Antlerless from Nov 5 to Dec 5,where I should go ?is mostly privately owned property ? or what,bow only ? No shot gun or rifle ,right ??anyhelp would be appreciated,thanks a lot !!!!

RayHill
09-25-2011, 02:06 AM
Almost all land is owned, and it's bow only. Most owners don't like hunters on the island. I was there last weekend and jumped on the back of a blacktail in a drunken episode and it dragged me face first through the black berry bushes and dumped my ass on the lawn. I got cut up pretty bad lol

RJ
09-25-2011, 02:54 AM
Almost all land is owned, and it's bow only. Most owners don't like hunters on the island. I was there last weekend and jumped on the back of a blacktail in a drunken episode and it dragged me face first through the black berry bushes and dumped my ass on the lawn. I got cut up pretty bad lol

I guess that was one of those "seemed like a good idea at the time" moments LOL

SHACK
09-25-2011, 05:30 AM
This question pops up every season. Read the small print. You can only hunt on private land, with permission, and you must only hunt with traditional archery equipment, and you must let the rcmp know what property you will be hunting. Mostely bylaw stuff, not moe, years back the residents made Bowen a municipality since moe would not change the regs on deer hunting to get rid of the hunters, (they hate em) so they went from "unicorperated" to "municipality" so they could put there own restrictions on what type of hunting takes place........as little as possible!

city hunter
09-25-2011, 08:07 AM
That sounds too bad.......anyway thanks you guys.

cumminsforever
09-25-2011, 06:23 PM
Beautiful place to go but when I was there for a week with school it all seemed mostly private.

longstonec
09-25-2011, 06:31 PM
Private land hunting only. You have to have the local RCMP to inspect the property after you get a signed letter of permission from landowner and take to the RCMP. Once the RCMP inspect the property and deem it safe/large enough you can hunt there as long as you are using a recurve or longbow. NO compounds... which seems crazy to me.

TommyGuitar
10-03-2011, 09:05 AM
I am away for school during hunting season and am off for break during the Jan season. I was thinking about hunting a deer there, as I have permission to hunt the Acorn club land there. But if it's no compound allowed, why should I even bother? Have the RCMP inspect the property? WTF?

sailpunk
10-04-2011, 05:48 PM
Try Gambier. If you have a boat it is accessible. I was up there 3 weeks ago hunting along Gambier Creek. We acnhoured off of Douglas Bay.

Ubertuber
01-11-2012, 07:42 AM
Looks like the clueless urbanites on Bowen are restless.
http://bowen-island-bc.com/forum/read.php?1,1260406

Ruger4
01-11-2012, 07:53 AM
Looks like the clueless urbanites on Bowen are restless.
http://bowen-island-bc.com/forum/read.php?1,1260406

clueless urbanites ? explain please

markt308
01-15-2012, 04:49 PM
I was soo close to making it happen last september. I know the RCMP on the island who issues the hunting permits. all i needed was someone to let me hunt their private land. RCMP buddy asked his friend with the land but he wasn't too interested haha. can't blame him. oh well

pnbrock
01-15-2012, 05:05 PM
cant believe what i read,do u have to have your head up your ass to buy property on the island?