PDA

View Full Version : first experience with elk in pg area

BlackwaterHunter
09-24-2011, 08:47 PM
Me and my dad were going on a walk down the tako for a quick day hunt, it was about 12 and we found a old trail that lead to a cut block, he stayed by the truck because of a foot injury and I walked a few hundered yards in the cut block, I can across a trail that had been trampled to death with elk tracks and then i heard one bugle. Quiet a nice experince, might have turned out even better if i had bought an elk tag!

swampthing
09-25-2011, 07:35 AM
Get a tag and get back in there. That is the kind of sign a pg elk hunter needs.

Piperdown
09-25-2011, 08:06 AM
Saw numerous elk in there starting about 8 years ago. Also on the other side of the blackwater river. Shot a buck there one day, soon as i shot it, a bull moose lets a few grunts out then a bull elk bugles nearby. Nothing like the sound of a bull elk bugle in the morning. We have property in ares 6-04 south of Burns Lake and they are starting to show up there. Trouble is the Fn's are shooting the shit out of them. I guess they must have been there before as it must be their right to do so :(

BlackwaterHunter
09-25-2011, 08:47 AM
The blackwater area is dying, the wolves are extremely numerious, havent seen sh** all for deer sign or moose. While we stopped along the Mckenzie lakes area yesturday I got out of the truck and heard wolves on 3 sides of me. tried to call them in with a dying rabbit call but a truck decided to come say hello.

Piperdown
09-25-2011, 10:43 AM
Ya I know the wolves have become a problem in the last 6 years or so. But hey the wisdom of the powers to be still have a doe leh, go figure. The deer were making really good strides there until the wolves moved in. Still a fair bit of moose though. Good luck and keep us posted.