PDA

View Full Version : Golden, B.C. Hunting

joedjr
09-24-2011, 04:00 PM
Heading to Golden area this November for mule deer whitetail combo hunt. Can anyone give me some feed back on the hunting and the area.
Thanks

LukaTisus
09-24-2011, 06:51 PM
I live in Golden, and have hunted the area my whole life. :) Only issue is I don't own a vehicle of my own, but I know a few good places, some of 'em pay off if you're willing for a hike.

The hunting's definitely good if you know where to look! I suggest you check out the old Big Bend highway out in Donald, or down south through Parson and Brisco for whitetail.. and for Mule deer, down south on the south-east side of the valley is where they like to hang out, typically. Through the years I've noticed the whities seem to like the south west, mule deer on the higher benches along the south east.

If ya want, I'm always up for a hunt with people, even if I've tagged out, myself. I could direct you out to a few good hunting grounds I know of, for that time of year.

joedjr
10-06-2011, 06:21 PM
Thank You Luka

springpin
10-06-2011, 07:06 PM
no animals here...

GoatGuy
10-06-2011, 07:58 PM
I live in Golden, and have hunted the area my whole life. :) Only issue is I don't own a vehicle of my own, but I know a few good places, some of 'em pay off if you're willing for a hike.

The hunting's definitely good if you know where to look! I suggest you check out the old Big Bend highway out in Donald, or down south through Parson and Brisco for whitetail.. and for Mule deer, down south on the south-east side of the valley is where they like to hang out, typically. Through the years I've noticed the whities seem to like the south west, mule deer on the higher benches along the south east.

If ya want, I'm always up for a hunt with people, even if I've tagged out, myself. I could direct you out to a few good hunting grounds I know of, for that time of year.

this is pretty darn good advice for that part of the world.

GOLDEN TOP SNIPER
10-06-2011, 08:06 PM
Stay out !. lol Just went down south tonight . very slow going so far . been too warm here , its been raining and theres snow on the mountains , but i havent seen or heard of many animials taken so far . Better off going to Radium And Area right now . . . .Good luck .

springpin
10-06-2011, 08:11 PM
Yup, not much moving around right now.

springpin
10-06-2011, 08:12 PM
Seen a nice 4x4 whitey taken opening day of rifle season. But that's about it.

Deer_Slayer
10-11-2011, 10:48 PM
I am going to Golden tomorrow. I lived there 13 years and yes indeed go south but not where I go...lol

joedjr
10-27-2011, 06:35 PM
Thanks for the replies, anyone been out for mulies or whitetail lately?