PDA

View Full Version : Elk sun Tanning in the East Kootneys

grizzlydown
09-24-2011, 11:10 AM
What the Hell is with this weather??? Came down to a couple of my job sites in Invermere and Golden, thought I would combine it with an elk hunt with a buddy in Kimberly. Brought my dad with me and the first night we hooked up with my buddy and his brother. Great start, spotted two huge bulls in a basin all by themselves, no way to get to them. Jumped a nice spike bull on the way out of the clearing. Just as my buddy and I were entering a block that his brother was set up in, a 5pt and a cow came out and then a nice 6pt stepped out at the top......boom the 30-06 barked and my buddies brother's tag was completed. Than the work began!!!!

Then the weather heated up and we have only bumped into a couple of elk since then. Leaving tomorrow still have my elk tag.....even take a cow. Any ideas where I could go??????

How can I upload a pic of this Elk???

300H&H
09-25-2011, 10:49 AM
This is a good news bad news.
Dad & I are going Sept 30 for our antlerless draw in zone X 4-03.
Im glad to see the weather cooling down a bit.

Fullcurled4point
09-27-2011, 06:35 PM
lol good luck 300h&h theres been so much pressure here since the 10th its quite difficult to even find a cow.....

GoatGuy
09-27-2011, 08:13 PM
This is a good news bad news.
Dad & I are going Sept 30 for our antlerless draw in zone X 4-03.
Im glad to see the weather cooling down a bit.

Don't worry, hunt hard, hit the out of the way places and you'll be OK. Hunted the EK on the weekend in the 'hot weather'. Had multiple bulls bugling every morning/evening. 3 in to less than 15 yards.

Don't let the downers get you down.

Good luck.

300H&H
09-27-2011, 08:53 PM
Don't worry, hunt hard, hit the out of the way places and you'll be OK. Hunted the EK on the weekend in the 'hot weather'. Had multiple bulls bugling every morning/evening. 3 in to less than 15 yards.

Don't let the downers get you down.

Good luck.

Thanks for the encouraging words.
We are hunting out of Cranbrook then south...maybe...unless you can tell me a better spot ?

Ogopogo
09-27-2011, 09:33 PM
ya just got back from there and we got a cow and calf, had to hunt hard for them.