PDA

View Full Version : Nigel's first grouse

Red Foreman
09-24-2011, 10:53 AM
Well my little guy has been shooting for 3 years now and today his practice paid off.Nailed this guy with one shot.He's pretty proud and excited.The hunting bug has bit this one hard,he's counting down the years until he can hunt deer.lol.I've been bringing him with me hunting since he was four.

I think I'm happier than when I got my first deer lol

new hunter
09-24-2011, 11:19 AM
That's the one thing that makes me look forward to raising kids . How olds your boy ? he looks to be about the age I was when I started chasing squirrels with the air rifle . I wish my old man had taken me out when I was a kid , you must be super proud , congratulations Nigel .

Schmaus
09-24-2011, 12:15 PM
Thats awesome I still remember my first grouse

fearnodeer
09-24-2011, 01:07 PM
Cograds to the little man, you should be excited as well you just raised the best hunting partner you could get.

Jarrett
09-24-2011, 08:08 PM
Right on - good job! Love to see this sort of thing.

quadrakid
09-24-2011, 08:22 PM
Good job Nigel.

rcar
09-24-2011, 08:34 PM
Great memory Red.

My little ones are only 3 and 5 and I can not wait for the moment you just had.

tuffteddyb
09-24-2011, 08:43 PM
thats wayy kewllll!!!
congrats to you both

pin_head
09-24-2011, 09:40 PM
That is great to see! I'm 23 now and my dad is still my main hunting partner. I put a great value on the quality time I get to spend with the old man when its just the two of us out in the bush. I know he feels the same way, looks like you've got yourself set with a good hunting buddy too. Way to pass on the tradition, kudos to you and your boy!

The Dawg
09-24-2011, 09:44 PM
http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q21/BLM_album/DSCF1447.jpg

Piperdown
09-25-2011, 08:11 AM
That thing is a booner, way to go. I still remember my first grouse with my grandpa, still wish he was around, grandma used to make the best grouse stew. Congrats.

Red Foreman
09-25-2011, 12:14 PM
Hey thanks everyone,he's still super excited.After the morning hunt this morning I went and got a bunch of pictures printed so he can show all his buds at school tomorrow.Newhunter, I bought him a savage cub(I would recommend these guns,very nice little rifle) when he was 5 and told him he couldn't shoot anything until he could shoot good.He's completely into guns and hunting so it's no problem getting him to practice,he's become a pretty decent shooter.Early on I really stressed the safety end of everything and one mistake and the guns were put away until next time.A couple times going home early made him very safety concious.The bolt is actually out for these pictures.My daughter just turned 5 so I'll get her started on the .22 soon.I don't think she'll hunt though,she's really girly and a real animal lover, I don't think she'd ever kill anything.

I had Nigel with me last year when I shot a buck,he helped drag it and held the back leg while I field dressed him.

Thanks to NoahDawg for the picture help.

Salty
09-25-2011, 12:50 PM
Thumbs up all around. Congrads to the young hunter :-D

Ruger4
09-25-2011, 01:29 PM
Eight years old ?