PDA

View Full Version : Hunting resorts/cabins?

RoscoeP
09-23-2011, 08:31 PM
Took my son hunting last year for the first time other than a day trip or two when he was young. We stayed at Tunkwa lake resort near Logan Lk. We had a good time and saw a fair amount of game but it seemed a little busy around there.(they have a big add in the hunting regs)
Can anyone recommend another resort that caters to hunters or someone that rents cabins etc. in a good area. Should be only one day drive from the island and no $350 a day cabins, closer to $100 would be better.
We are mostly interested in deer but if moose were not to scarce we would get a tag. We are responsible people that would leave the place the same or better than we got there.
Any ideas would be appreciated. Cheers Roscoe

Shooter
09-23-2011, 08:36 PM
We stayed at Timothy lake a few years back (just outside of Lac La Hache). It wasn't too busy and they had a tree there that was all set up to skin my deer from. They also allowed for the deer to be hung in their shop. It wasn't a cooler but it was cold enough anyways. I think we paid about 100 a night for the cabin there and we hunted 15 minutes away.

MuleyMadness
09-24-2011, 08:23 AM
I would consider:

http://www.mcbridebc.ca/

It's a tad far, but still within a days drive. Very nice spot, good hunting with WT, muley, and a calf moose season. TONS of country and plenty of friendly locals to help you out.
Another place to consider is http://www.mckinneycreek.com/ but it can be a very busy place at times around there....good cabin, room for friends if you want to bring em.

XPEIer
09-24-2011, 10:23 AM
crooked lake resort in Region 5, cabins, camping, fishing, nice people.

ape
09-24-2011, 12:55 PM
Isn't this like asking about meat cutters. Maybe you send a pm to the communist *******s that are policing this site and ask them.

sapper
09-24-2011, 02:14 PM
I've stayed @ Jewel Lake resort near Grenwood. They are hunter-friendly, have a cooler for your harvest, and have a variety of cabins. MU 8-14 and close to 8-15. You can quad directly from camp. Hunter cabins are rustic but affordable.

kishman
09-24-2011, 02:17 PM
I've stayed at Mile High Resort on Face Lk.(near Lac le-June). Hunter friendly folks and very affordable cabins, also roads galore to explore.