PDA

View Full Version : Do u think its ok

mikeboehm
09-23-2011, 08:13 PM
I had a plan for 2 weeks to go bear hunting tommorrow. My dad had heart surgery today it was supposed to be last week but got cancelled. The surgery went great and hes doing well. I cant visit him until sunday. My question is do u think its ok for me to still go hunting tommorrow. What are ur thoughts

MOOSE MILK
09-23-2011, 08:17 PM
If your Das is a hunter he will understand and probably want you to go. Just be back on time to visit when you are allowed. Remember you have only one Dad and there are a whole lot of bears out there.

moosecaller
09-23-2011, 08:23 PM
Lots of time for hunting not so much to spend with our loved ones' your choice....remember the choice you make now may come back to haunt you later. It's all about priorities where are yours? It's not whether anyone but you thinks it's ok or not you're the one that has to live with it.

PS. I miss my Dad every day he was my best friend, I wish I had a choice.

Jagermeister
09-23-2011, 08:26 PM
I think that you should be available should complications arise.

nap
09-23-2011, 08:34 PM
Most important be there for your dad, be there for mom and brothers and sisters if you have. Family gives great strength, tell dad to hurry, get better and his seat is ready for him in the pick up!!

cloverphil
09-23-2011, 08:37 PM
Most important be there for your dad, be there for mom and brothers and sisters if you have. Family gives great strength, tell dad to hurry, get better and his seat is ready for him in the pick up!!
x2 family may need you too for support, sometimes, hunting can wait

srupp
09-23-2011, 08:42 PM
Cardiac surgery is never routine, and complications seldom anounce themselves,there will be another bear season, there will never be another Dad imo..

glad it went so well for your Dad..

cheers

Steven

sky-gunner
09-23-2011, 08:45 PM
Honestly man this shouldn't even be a question, like stated above, you only get one dad. How you gonna feel if something happens and your in the bush?

Hank Hunter
09-23-2011, 08:52 PM
My Dad is gone and I would give up anything to have one more day with him

Elk-Aholic
09-23-2011, 08:55 PM
What would your Dad want you to do? If you're contemplating the question then to me the answer is obvious, see your Dad on Sunday and delay the hunt. You can always go hunting next week when your Dad gets better. Glad to hear the surgery went well and wish all the best for him.

nap
09-23-2011, 08:55 PM
Bet you get the picture, Give dad a big hug from all of us here, sneak one on your mom from us too!!

Big Lew
09-23-2011, 08:56 PM
You say the surgery well great, and that he is doing well. Personally, if you couldn't see him until Sunday, I don't see any reason you can't go on Saturday providing you're back in plenty of time for your visit....you might even have a good story to tell. I have a Brother that's struggling to get in better shape so that he can be put back on the heart transplant list. I visit and/or phone him frequently in the hospitals, but he realizes others have lives to live, including me, so I go hunting or touring between the visits.....doesn't mean I don't care, or love him any less.....life's too short as it is, and I would expect him to do the same if the tables were turned, and I was the one in hospital.

longstonec
09-23-2011, 08:58 PM
Depends on your dad.

jetboat jim
09-23-2011, 09:09 PM
i miss my dad too ! lost him when i was 17.

go see your dad on sunday instead of bear hunting, i'm sure if you post it in here there is more than just me that would be happy to take you hunting some time in the future when your dad is better.

Rubberfist
09-23-2011, 09:18 PM
Glad to hear your father's surgery went well. I'll be blunt and say that you should delay the hunt and make sure your dad knows that you are there for him. Plenty of time to hunt in the days and years ahead. I worked for a man who opted to stay in Prague and finish a work project when his dad had a heart attack in Vancouver: my former boss figured his dad would pull through, he'd get the job done in a week or so and then he'd go home and visit. His dad died three days later and 10 years later, the guy was still messed up over it (at least when I worked for him). God, family, hunting, work...that's how I rank things =D

mikeboehm
09-23-2011, 09:48 PM
Thanx for your input. Im going to have a good nite sleep since i was up at 4am to drive my dad to the hospital and sleep in a bit. Yes hunting can wait. I have 12 weeks of hunting left

bchunter181
09-23-2011, 10:15 PM
if you have to ask you know the answer inside!

ryanb
09-23-2011, 10:35 PM
Pull the IVs and take him hunting with you.

mikeboehm
09-23-2011, 10:43 PM
My dad hates hunting. I got into it from my grandpa.

303carbine
09-23-2011, 11:08 PM
I had a plan for 2 weeks to go bear hunting tommorrow. My dad had heart surgery today it was supposed to be last week but got cancelled. The surgery went great and hes doing well. I cant visit him until sunday. My question is do u think its ok for me to still go hunting tommorrow. What are ur thoughts

Try spell check, then go hunting.

Paulyman
09-23-2011, 11:30 PM
My mom was killed in a car accident just before Christmas last year, we hadn't talked much in the last couple weeks before her death, something that I will never fully come to terms with, I miss her and wish that I had been more available for her. I never knew she was going to be taken from me, but if I had I would have called her more often just to say hi. Live and love like it's your last day on earth, cause I can tell you first hand how much it hurts to have someone taken from you when there's still so much unsaid.

Paul

Allen50
09-24-2011, 12:17 AM
take the time to be off and do things around home that will help out your dad, and family no matter what, better to be close on hand then out hunting, lots of time to hunt,, do the dad thing the best you can,, and it will make you feel better knowing you were there to help,, good luck, i know as my dad passed 9 years ago, in augest and he was a great hunter, loved it,, best to all your family..