PDA

View Full Version : "The Beast's" archery bear

willyqbc
09-23-2011, 01:47 PM
so on the heels of our annual elk trip "the Beast" has gone and added to my butchering chores. We got home saturday and spent the day sunday butchering, stopping around 5 for dinner. So we are all sitting in my living room eating pizza when my mom says "holy crap, theres a bear on the deck!!!"
"The beast" springs into action and grabs his bow and release. By the time he is ready the bear has wandered off the deck and is now systematically checking out each of the 3D targets in the yard. We begin the stalk and use the classic stalking technique of using the truck, the boat, the ride on lawnmower to stay concealed!!:-D As the bear is getting closer to the back of the yard we zip around the shop to get into position and as we come around the corner he is standing on his hind legs chewing on my cariboo target!!:evil: While he is distracted we slip in to 25yds and I give "the beast" the go ahead for as soon as the bear drops down. As the bear loses interest in the target and drops down to all four he turns a 180 and is now broadside. "Take him" I whisper and the arrow is on its way. I watch the arrow dissappear just a hair above center of body and tight to the shoulder. "how was the shot?....felt a touch high" says "The Beast" in an excited hushed whisper....."Dead bear" is my only reply. This news results in a mighty fist pump. We give the bear a few minutes just to be sure and are joined by the rest of the family and my folks. Retrieval found the bear 40 yards into the bush and "the Beast" had his 1st bow bear!!

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/michael_bow_bear_2011_sml.JPG

moose2
09-23-2011, 01:57 PM
Great job on the bear "beast" looks like you guys have had a busy fall. Nothing like getting a bear in a 3D archery range lol congratulations on all the animals you have been in on this year.
Mike

RayHill
09-23-2011, 02:20 PM
That's the price you pay for the vandalism of 3D targets Mr. Bear

Bow Walker
09-23-2011, 02:44 PM
Damn! That kid is a Beast.

Congratulations.

Wonder how a foam diet will affect the meat? ;)

Salty
09-23-2011, 02:46 PM
I figure that bear was sniffing around and fix'n to eat the Beast's whitetail! Good work putting an end to that young fella :mrgreen:

Archer
09-23-2011, 03:09 PM
Thats too cool! Congrats to "The Beast"!

Allen50
09-23-2011, 03:35 PM
well a movening 3d target cool, good on you young fella,, one more for the HBC winner, if you keep up the good hunting,, and dad busy cutting he wont have time to go out and hunt,,

orangestepside
09-23-2011, 03:53 PM
congrats beast .... that hunt must have hit "close to home" ..... couldnt help it haha

Bowzone_Mikey
09-23-2011, 04:05 PM
Sweet .......

farside
09-23-2011, 04:10 PM
Congrats to "The Beast"! Nice short drag home lol and awsome 1st archery bear

09-23-2011, 05:21 PM
THE " Beast LIVES !"

Congrats young fella, mom can put them apple pies back on the window sill.

CT

The Hermit
09-23-2011, 05:31 PM
LOL great story, and nice bear!

oldtimer
09-23-2011, 05:40 PM
The best part ( Besides his s-it eatin grin ) was after his Dad had the bear hoisted up in the shop he told "the Beast" 'Poppa Mike and I are butchering Elk, you get busy skinning that Bear" He had it done in no time and still had the Grin.
Mike

The Silent Stalker
09-24-2011, 12:52 AM
Sweet. Nice work.

gerrygoat
09-24-2011, 06:06 AM
Nice bear, beast (it sure seems strange typing that :) )

Bow Walker
09-24-2011, 09:22 AM
The best part ( Besides his s-it eatin grin ) was after his Dad had the bear hoisted up in the shop he told "the Beast" 'Poppa Mike and I are butchering Elk, you get busy skinning that Bear" He had it done in no time and still had the Grin.
Mike

Of course! Da kid's a natural.......

Where's the pics?!?