PDA

View Full Version : Creston Elk

cloverphil
09-22-2011, 07:55 PM
Well I've always wanted to go to the Kootenays but couldn't really bring myself to it. As an adult I've never been East of Osoyoos; but now having won a cow elk LEH for any buck October I'm wondering just how many animals there are in and around Creston?

Anybody do any hunting with success around Creston ?

Does anybody know where I may find elk near Creston and willing to give me an idea ?

many thanks in advance

phil

gutpile
09-22-2011, 11:10 PM
Try around goat river

30 model a
09-23-2011, 05:36 AM
There is a couple fo nice herds in Creston and yes around the goat river is a nice area too start, will likey be a lot of hunters in this area as usual.Creston is a nice area to hunt once you arrive you should not have much problem figuring out where to spend sometime provided you are going to be here for a week or so.I know I will be hunting the Goat River area again this year.
Joe

Glassman
09-23-2011, 07:25 AM
Dodge fsr and Kid creek

Elk-Aholic
09-23-2011, 09:12 PM
No elk there, try further north!:-D

snowhunter
09-24-2011, 08:22 AM
Elks all along the mountains north of the Crowsnest Higway, east of Creston. Busy with hunters camps with horses and fourtrax, with some trails made all the way to the Alpine Country. Also check out for white-tails.

yota
09-24-2011, 09:53 AM
I'm seeing my uncle next weekend who use to live in creston i'll find out were it was cause i remember always seeing them in his yard there. i'll PM you when i find out.

cloverphil
09-24-2011, 11:15 AM
thanks for the info guys, heading out there for thanksgiving, any info is better than none

it looks like Goat river and Kid Creek FSR are both off of the map zone my LEH is permitted for hunting

looks like this LEH map is designed for someone hunting in their backyard in Ceston

thanks anyway

really looking forward to seeing that part of BC finally, it should be a great experience