PDA

View Full Version : Region 5-1 - Deka Lake area

doubled
09-22-2011, 02:50 PM
We are leaving tonight and staying at my parents in Barriere and then heading up to the Deka Lake area. Are there any rec sites past that way. We want to be close to Deka (north of) around Mahood Lake Rd. I have a 17 ft travel trailer so will need room to maneouver. Will be hunting a 30km radius from there. I know it is late but it doesn't hurt to ask. Thanks in advance.

DD

Phil
09-22-2011, 03:05 PM
Jim Creek forestry site on Windy Mountain Rd. Needa Lake forestry site, Windy Mountain Rd. French Lake, same Rd.

Phil
09-22-2011, 03:06 PM
Actually, I think French would be too tight for yoour trailer. The rest should be good though but not too close too Mahood Lake Rd. Stay on Mahood and go to Couger Lake site.

270WIN
09-22-2011, 03:24 PM
i with phil dont think you would get the trailer in to french. Last time I was down there it was pretty tight. I am found of needa my self. good fishing there as well

doubled
09-22-2011, 03:40 PM
Anything around Rat Lake?

MIL720
09-22-2011, 04:07 PM
Stay at Mahood lake provicial park campground. Gate is open, so you can stay for free... Just take your own shit tickets ...
Water is off as well...

Phil
09-22-2011, 05:02 PM
Anything around Rat Lake?

I don't recall a site at rat lake(I think a large portion of that lake shore is private) but if you stay at Cougar lake your not far off. You can also stay at the Jim Creek site and take the trail over by Boweres to the same road if you have ATVs. Bowers is too rough to drag a nice trialer in to but it has been done.

hillclimber
09-22-2011, 07:07 PM
I agree with phil stay away from Bowers Lake and French Lake. Any other lake is easy access. If you go to Needa lake go to the campground on the north end not the sounth end, south side is very small