PDA

View Full Version : leaving Tuesday evening

Sikanni Stalker
09-10-2006, 08:40 PM
Well, gang, just back from a few weeks of hunting and a little work and I am off Tuesday evening to work for an outfitter guiding for a couple trips . I have guided lots of fishermen, but this is a first guiding in the mountains. I am pretty stoked. All horse back, for moose and elk. It's a two day trip into the hills just to the spike camp. I will take lots of pics and report when I get back in October.

Any tips or words of wisdom from you old pros.

CNE
09-10-2006, 09:34 PM
It's a Stressful job sometimes... Dont let it get to you. Do everything you can to keep your hunters happy, beleive it or not my biggest tips have come from hunts where the hunter went home empty handed, but very happy. Another old guide trick is the art of power napping with your binocs in in your eyes, the hunter thinks you never stop. just try not to wake up looking at your feet, it doesnt look good. Take a GOOD sleeping bag, 4 hours of good sleep is ok,4 hours of tossing and turning will nearly kill you after a few weeks. Bring lots of socks. Baby powder will save your sanity,(chaffing).

Sikanni Stalker
09-11-2006, 08:46 PM
thanks, I will keep this in mind, and the powder is going to be a lifesaver too after a feww days I bet. I won't be on again before I leave so thanks and I'll let you know how it goes.

lip_ripper00
09-11-2006, 09:02 PM
lots of picts, and watch your ass!!

bsa30-06
09-11-2006, 09:24 PM
Any tips or words of wisdom from you old pros.[/quote]

Don't get lost.Just kidding.Have a great trip and take lots of pictures,sounds like it's going to be fun.Good luck.