PDA

View Full Version : Moose LEH Zone 5-04 B/C vs 5-02 C

Clouddog
09-21-2011, 01:48 PM
Hi

I got the draw for Moose zone 5-04 B & C, for nov 1-15th . I have contacted two fishing lodges at Puntzi (north of the Zone 5-04), they report low sitings of Moose to none over the summer. This zone is south of Alexis Creek.

My wife got a Nov 1-15th LEH moose 5-02 C, this is east of Williams lake, south of Quesnel lake to Lac la hache. I that know this area better, noting lots of logging and wolves lately.

Should I hunt both zones or focus on one? Which one is better, if so where?

I know I am asking for alot from you all, but I am new to this and have a short week to hunt (with my wife)..

Thanks

srupp
09-21-2011, 02:42 PM
Id stick with the QUESNEL lake draw..but hey thats just me..

srr

4 point
09-21-2011, 02:51 PM
I agree with srupp.

Rusty
09-24-2011, 10:26 PM
I agree with srupp , He knows

black tail artist
09-25-2011, 10:56 AM
Just got back from Quensel. Moose hunting was terrible, saw 2 moose over a weeks time. It was equally as bad for the 30 leh hunters we encountered in our area. Deer numbers are low as well. Give it a try anyways you might have better luck.

reel lucky
09-25-2011, 07:15 PM
Just back from 5-04B, very little sign, bright full moon nites and warm days made moose hunting challenging. Lush forage and plenty of waterholes reduced the nessecity for game to move to far. May be better in Nov. Good luck

cariboobill
09-25-2011, 08:25 PM
Seems like a waste to me having two LEH authorizations and wondering where to hunt to ensure success. Another example where folks get more LEH authorizations than they need while lots of folks could use the extra LEH. I wish for a better LEH system, but the dead heads in Victoria are still dead.

I would hunt either, but 5-2-c is out my back door so I would hunt there.

CB

srupp
09-26-2011, 08:06 AM
from numerous scouting trips, and talking with the local hunters and guys at their camps..its been crazy unsuccessful...a few deer and a couple of small bulls in 502c..but so far very very slow..lots of talk about wolves encountered...spoor, sounds, tracks..

the biggest reason why east of WL...not much native hunting done...closer to Horsefly Likely..

steven