PDA

View Full Version : opening day

chinooker
09-10-2006, 05:03 PM
Went out this morning at first light on the 700 rd 5-2 D. Only saw 2 muley does and piles of bear shit everywhere. managed to get a few ditch chickens though. Worst day of hunting still better than the best day at work.

30-06
09-10-2006, 05:36 PM
nice i saw 1muley that i was gunna shoot but i only counted 3 point andi was lookin for the 4th when i grabbed my gun it heard me and ran away..and then 1 more 2 point mule and like 20 does and i killed three ditch chikens

DropTines
09-10-2006, 06:21 PM
sounds like you didn't do to bad for the area you hunted!

DBM
09-10-2006, 06:34 PM
Hunted for a day and a half after bow opening in Princeton area, the only deer we saw were hanging in other guys' camps from the day before.

Hunted around the Coquihalla today, didn't see squat except for a day old gut pile; chased grouse on the Skagit with nothing to show.

Freakin' 4 years of hunting without a single ungulate harvested.:mad: Trying to get a buck harvested when I have my son with me -this is the year!(I hope lol)

chinooker
09-10-2006, 06:39 PM
:mad:
Hunted for a day and a half after bow opening in Princeton area, the only deer we saw were hanging in other guys' camps from the day before.

Hunted around the Coquihalla today, didn't see squat except for a day old gut pile; chased grouse on the Skagit with nothing to show.

Freakin' 4 years of hunting without a single ungulate harvested.:mad: Trying to get a buck harvested when I have my son with me -this is the year!(I hope lol)

Go north young man Go north!!!!!

Jelvis
09-10-2006, 07:22 PM
What are you going to do if you fill your tags so early in the season? Dudes and dudesses.

chinooker
09-10-2006, 07:34 PM
What are you going to do if you fill your tags so early in the season? Dudes and dudesses.

By a miraculous stroke of fortune my wife and I each got drawn for Oct.15 LEH

3kills
09-10-2006, 09:23 PM

where about around the coke were u hunting? what u drive?

i hunted today fora bit this mornin missed one grouse and passed on two bears...

LeverActionJunkie
09-11-2006, 09:28 PM
Seen three mulies, a beatifull chocolate coloured black bear, looked only 1-2 years old, and abunch of ditch chickens, only had a shot at three but they flushed as I was putting the last shell in my 870 so I rushed and shot a branch :( it was good to see game though:)

mr eagle
09-12-2006, 08:25 AM
I went up to Skagit for grouse on Sunday, I got four and missed another. Not much deer sign in there.