PDA

View Full Version : Whats the best arrow rest

donny.brooke
09-20-2011, 07:38 PM
thought i would start a debate on which is the best rest ???

Ike
09-20-2011, 09:02 PM
Best hunting arrow rest? Not sure but here is my experience with the ones I have used...
Whisker Biscuit - Simple but amplifies any hand torque, hard on vanes and can ice up

QAD Hunter (Base model) - Easy to setup and cock with arrow on launcher. Noisy, too slow for current speed bows.

Trophy Taker Smackdown FC - Nice rest, solid and great containment. Works like limbdriver=simple setup. Too hard for me to tune to 5" or 6" bh bows so i gave up on it. Excellent customer service

G5 Pro - Simple setup and works great, super quiet! Excellent clearance, downside is the arrow can fall off the rest if you aren't careful or are jumpy.

Ripcord Code Red - Simple setup, works great with speed bows. Launcher is a little more tricky than QAD to cock with an arrow on. My favorite rest to date, followed very closely by the G5.

EDIT TO ADD: My arrows are flying at 322-330 fps out of 5" and 6" bh bows. Speed related issues may not show up on slower bows

.......to start the conversation off

Cheers

Vader
09-20-2011, 09:07 PM
Use a limb driver at present.. Tried ripcord, not the red, and QAD. Weren't fast enough to allow for clearance.. for me anyway..
Limbdriver must absolutely get out of the way as it's limb driven not spring. Oh, also tried whisker biscuit.. same experience and comments as Ike.

Jonas111
09-20-2011, 09:33 PM
QAD for hunting. Never had any issues with it to date.

Blade for target. Keep it simple.

Bow Walker
09-21-2011, 09:30 AM
IMHO...

Target - Lizard Tongue, or blade-style launchers.

Hunting - Whisker Biscuit, you just gotta know how to take care of them. Second would be the one I'm using now - APA Safari Twister.

Bowzone_Mikey
09-21-2011, 11:05 AM
I could tell ya'll what I use ... But that nessearily the best for everyone ....

The best rest ... is as corny as it sounds ... the one that most consistant for your style of shooting .....

I have seen guys punch x ring after x ring with an old skool Bodoodle ... WB ... blades ... fall aways etc....

mntbowhunter
09-21-2011, 11:06 AM
Cant beat the Rip cord Code Red. I had a Quad ultra before that and it was terrible. Shooting a Mathews Z7 Mag now which is supposed to shoot 340fps and not one problem with it. Plus I know several other people with the code red who also have nothing but great things to say about it.

greybark
09-21-2011, 09:07 PM
:-D Off the Shelf. :-D

StoneChaser
09-22-2011, 07:52 AM
I used a QAD hunter and it was great, but wanted lock down technology.

I then tried a Ripcord Code Red but didn't like it (can't let down your draw w/out the rest dropping, and the containment bar is a flimsy joke that doesn't sit tight in the mortise very well).

I went back to QAD and bought their QAD HDX Ultra and can't see switching anytime soon for a hunting bow...silent, simple, excellent containment, and very easy to adjust.

Ike
09-22-2011, 11:24 AM
I used a QAD hunter and it was great, but wanted lock down technology.

I then tried a Ripcord Code Red but didn't like it (can't let down your draw w/out the rest dropping, and the containment bar is a flimsy joke that doesn't sit tight in the mortise very well).

I went back to QAD and bought their QAD HDX Ultra and can't see switching anytime soon for a hunting bow...silent, simple, excellent containment, and very easy to adjust.

That's right the decockning on letdown is a PITA for sure, my one real complaint....forgot to mention it.

oldtimer
09-22-2011, 11:42 AM
Hard to beat the realiability of a Trophy Taker for target / 3D.......Mike

Riverbc
09-23-2011, 10:05 AM
I'm partial to the NAP Apache.

trapperdan2061
09-23-2011, 02:42 PM
Whisper biscut you can stalk with a arror knocked

Barry O'Regan
09-26-2011, 03:38 PM
Lizard tongue for FITA and 3D shoots, dropaway for hunting. Though many deride whisker biscuits, my buddy Glen uses one both for hunting and 3D. In 3D for some reason he smokes our butt most times, so whisker biscuits can't be all bad.