PDA

View Full Version : weekend buck

dino
09-20-2011, 07:19 PM
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee306/heydino/S1350009.jpg
Independent suspension sucks when on a sidehill especially with any extra weight. This is roll over #1
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee306/heydino/S1350020.jpg
roll over #2 not 5 minutes later.
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee306/heydino/S1350026.jpg

adamgarbett
09-20-2011, 07:23 PM
Nice buck! Doesn't look like it was to fun of a ride out tho.

Merch
09-20-2011, 07:25 PM
Looks good. Any more pics of the buck?

Bistchen
09-20-2011, 07:28 PM
Dino, I dont know how you do it, but you do. Buckslaying and ATV flippin !

great work, hope the ATV is still good to you after that tumble.

nature girl
09-20-2011, 07:29 PM
Congradulations on the buck. Looks like the tree stopped the atv. Hope you were okay.

pg83
09-20-2011, 07:37 PM
Hows the buck look after getting flattened twice?

cainer
09-20-2011, 07:57 PM
theres an easier way to tenderize that buck you know. But kudos for doing it the hard way ;)

sfire436
09-20-2011, 08:12 PM
Nice work Dino!

doubled
09-20-2011, 08:17 PM
SHould be nice and tender now. Looks good, got any more pics?

The Dude
09-20-2011, 08:20 PM
Looks like it was a bang flop.....flop.....flop flop flopflopflop..... :D

Dirty Steve
09-20-2011, 08:25 PM
When side hilling you're supposed to ride on the high side!
Glad I'm not the only one that rolls my quad on a regular basis.
Nice buck!!

blackbart
09-20-2011, 08:28 PM
Hard to roll a packboard. It can be done though and I think you really should consider trying.

Nice looking buck taken in what looks to be a sub-alpine natural setting. Likely a good spot to try a pack board roll out next year.

nano
09-20-2011, 08:30 PM
Nice buck, congrats!

matt420
09-20-2011, 08:40 PM
nice lookin buck man congrats! the ride out doesnt look all that fun

Cyrus
09-20-2011, 08:47 PM
great buck congrats!! hope you didn't mess up yourself or your bike too badly!!

M.Dean
09-20-2011, 08:56 PM
If you had the Buck tied to the front or rear rack, then tried to drive a steep side hill, your lucky to get away with just wreaking the Quad! When possible, I drag the animal until I get to level ground, I find it's way easier on my Quad and on me! Nice looking buck, the skid plates on your Bike look good too!!!

scallywag
09-20-2011, 09:01 PM
awesome deer.. it is good to know i am not the only one rolling quads i just dont talk or tell anyone about it little on put picture of it on the interent

dino
09-20-2011, 09:21 PM
here is a pic of the deer on the left before I shot him. He was with the one on the right.
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee306/heydino/IM000016-1.jpg
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee306/heydino/20110918_083340.jpg

Sitkaspruce
09-20-2011, 09:28 PM
Nice buck.

Not to be an ass, but should you have even had a quad in that country??? I do not see any trails that you were riding on.....

Cheers

SS

dino
09-20-2011, 09:39 PM
Nice buck.

Not to be an ass, but should you have even had a quad in that country??? I do not see any trails that you were riding on.....

Cheers

SS

No quads are aloud in this area. I hiked in from where an old trail ended and packed the quarters back to the quad, thats why you dont see the deer in one piece in any of the roll over pics. Its hard to take a pic of the trail when I just rolled the machine off of it.LOL
Not to be an ass but nice try.

moosinaround
09-20-2011, 09:43 PM
Nice buck! Costs are getting higher with every roll over! I like Mr Deans thoughts, drag it out to level then load er up! Glad yer all right, but remember 100lbs of buck are not worth losing the use of your legs or back! Stay safe out there hunters!! Moosin

moose2
09-20-2011, 09:53 PM
Looks like quite the adventure it took to get a nice buck out. Cool pictures
Mike

mark
09-20-2011, 10:36 PM
You start all kinds of threads, asking for all kinds of advise, tips, and help and you get it......but you cant take it, or apply it????? Unless of course that is your dream buck???

dino
09-21-2011, 12:10 AM
You start all kinds of threads, asking for all kinds of advise, tips, and help and you get it......but you cant take it, or apply it????? Unless of course that is your dream buck???

Mark I have a one year old, a three year old, I live in the City and I have a demanding job.I dont live across from OK mt park like you. I watched this deer for a while and realized that as much as I want to take a mature buck I also need some meat in the freezer. As much as I want to take a mature animal its more important for me to spend time with the family. Maybe when you have kids you will understand, time is a commodity I dont have alot of and taking a big one takes a lot of time. Every year I spend less and less time in the bush because of this, I found myself almost obsessed with trying to shoot a monster that I lost sight of what I really enjoyed about hunting in the first place. This is the first year in a long time that I am not putting any pressure on myself and I am having fun, I could have done what all the self proclaimed experts say to do and hold out but I didnt because I came to shoot. If a big one pokes his nose out I will be happy if not no big deal. I dont take what guys like you and Dana say to serious especially when you both took low scoring deer last year so keep making your comments about the little deer I shoot if it makes you feel superior.

Singleshotneeded
09-21-2011, 12:32 AM
Dino, I think that's a fine buck you shot, and plenty of meat there for your family. The trip out was a bit dramatic
for my taste, but hey, you're still in one piece! I agree with you, before I had my son I spent more time out there
and harvested some nice animals, but now the serious hunting is mixed with road hunting with my lil' guy, and
that's fine with me. Until a guy has kids of his own he just can't understand how important the lil' buggers are to
we dads, but a few years down the road they'll be hunting with us and we can delegate the field dressing to them, lol! :-)

markt308
09-21-2011, 09:34 AM
nice lookin buck dino!

Cyrus
09-21-2011, 09:37 AM
The dream buck doesn't come around often and not everyone is obsessed about getting a B&C entry....I pass on the small stuff too and do get skunked by waiting for that right buck but a good 4 point...which imo this deer is would be goes down in a heartbeat if I see it!! I like to have a happy medium with antlers and pepperoni....guess everyones definition of that monster is different....

markt308
09-21-2011, 09:54 AM

Just so you know Mark, it's comments like this that keep guys from posting their pics and storries. It's cool that you shoot big deer. we are all impressed.

Rodd
09-21-2011, 10:13 AM
GreaT Work Dino!!! Thats a beauty buck! I hear you all with the kids thing... I have 3, and it definately prevents me from doing all that I would like to with regards to hunting trips, scouting etc.. Between soccer, karate, volleyball etc... leaves little time for holding out on a trophy. I am leaning more toward the meat hunting these days, and hoping I take a big one, but not passing up any good eating bucks either... Congrats! Thanks for sharing your experience! Most of us appreciate it..

orangestepside
09-21-2011, 10:17 AM
great buck ... the freezers full thats all that matters

Brian011
09-21-2011, 11:15 AM
That's a nice buck for sure! Congrats! Hope your quad isn't in too bad of shape.

mark
09-21-2011, 12:30 PM
Just so you know Mark, it's comments like this that keep guys from posting their pics and storries. It's cool that you shoot big deer. we are all impressed.

You dont get it! I never slam anyone for shooting a small buck, nor have I here.... If you havnt followed the history of Dinos threads and comments, you wouldnt understand!

Looking_4_Jerky
09-21-2011, 12:52 PM
It's always interesting to observe the twists and turns of threads like this. You get a lot of perspectives. It is easy, however, to misconstrue tones and comments. I'm sure everyone is happy that a fellow BC hunter nabs a great buck. Is it everyone's version of a trophy? Probably not. Is it even a trophy to the same guy if you were to ask him at disfferent times, or specifically, on different hunting seasons? Maybe.

What we relate to a "trophy" hunt or kill one year, may not even come close at a different time in our lives. At other times it will surpass our highest "trophy" expectations.

I'm living through the young children phase of my hunting career as we speak, and time is not as dispensable as it once was. My idea of the perfect kill changes weekly right now. One day I'm seeking walter, the next I'm licking my chops while I glass the fawn that he sired last year. Generally I'd have to say I'm with Cyrus somewhere between the horns and the pepperoni!

Dino, if you're happy with that buck, then it's a good one (it is certainly a decent buck by any standards).

300H&H
09-21-2011, 02:44 PM
I have a set of training wheels for sale....looks like you need them.

http://www.babawheels.com/photos/o/54650-cycle_force_group_439982_bicycle_training_wheels.j pg

Or maybe you just need something a bit smaller and easier to handle.

http://i01.i.aliimg.com/photo/v0/253833427/Radio_Flyer_23_Grow_N_Go_Training.jpg

Just giving you a hard time.
It is a nice buck you took, I hope I get one like that this year and Im glad your OK.

300H&H
09-21-2011, 02:53 PM

It seems since you moved to Peachland you have gotten a little bit nasty.
I don't think what you wrote was nice or helpful.
Just my 2 cents.

greenhorn
09-21-2011, 03:09 PM
Nice buck!!

Hope your quad is OK too.

I'm a new quadder and was really surprised at how tippy they are. Before I bought the quad, I rode dirt bikes mainly and thought quads would be super stable due to the wide stance and low center of gravity - but man are they tippy sometimes!!

dana
09-21-2011, 04:29 PM
Dino gets what he has given. Dino likes to take the pokes whenever he can at both Mark and I yet he can't seem to handle the pokes that we give back. I never even commented on this thread but you notice how Dino brought up my name??? I don't give a rats a$$ regarding what size of bucks Dino kills but he certainly gives a rats a$$ about what I may or may not think. This one is too damn easy and I won't even comment. I'm pretty much in the same thought process as Sitka. The quad pictures speak for themselves.

MIL720
09-21-2011, 04:43 PM
Nice buck...but 2 roll overs??? They have training courses on " how to safely ride your quad "

dino
09-21-2011, 04:44 PM
Hey guys thanks for all the positive comments here, its a nice change. I have been known to make some contraversal comments on this site and probebly deserved some of the ribbing I get. I just wanted to post a little slice of life here with some embarrasing moments thrown in. The quad is a Yamaha so its tough, the only damage was a bent front rack that is easily straightened. There was some oil that leaked out when the quad was upside down but my hunting jacket caught all of it" I hope its not ruined". as for me Im ok I use to race MX so I usually know when to abandon ship and jump in the right direction, I used to crash alot. LoL.Im 44 now but still think like a 20 year old but the mirror and my body are trying to tell me to act my age. As for the comments Mark gave you really would have to know the history between us and a few others on this site. I have been asking alot of questions over the years on how to tag a quality buck only to shoot deer like the one ive posted year after year. This is just fustrating to the guys that are trying to help me be successful only to watch me shoot these young ones. In Marks defense I think that is what he was trying to say.
Im surprised only Mark made these kind of comments. Once again thanks and hopefully I will have more pics this season of dead animals if my wife and kids let me.

Dirty Steve
09-21-2011, 05:09 PM
Well that's better.... back on track!

Blainer
09-21-2011, 05:30 PM
Hey guys thanks for all the positive comments here, its a nice change. I have been known to make some contraversal comments on this site and probebly deserved some of the ribbing I get. I just wanted to post a little slice of life here with some embarrasing moments thrown in. The quad is a Yamaha so its tough, the only damage was a bent front rack that is easily straightened. There was some oil that leaked out when the quad was upside down but my hunting jacket caught all of it" I hope its not ruined". as for me Im ok I use to race MX so I usually know when to abandon ship and jump in the right direction, I used to crash alot. LoL.Im 44 now but still think like a 20 year old but the mirror and my body are trying to tell me to act my age. As for the comments Mark gave you really would have to know the history between us and a few others on this site. I have been asking alot of questions over the years on how to tag a quality buck only to shoot deer like the one ive posted year after year. This is just fustrating to the guys that are trying to help me be successful only to watch me shoot these young ones. In Marks defense I think that is what he was trying to say.
Im surprised only Mark made these kind of comments. Once again thanks and hopefully I will have more pics this season of dead animals if my wife and kids let me.
stand up comment!

tomahawk
09-21-2011, 08:40 PM
Nice buck, love the good size body, mmmmmm steaks, roasts and burger!!

Farmer001
09-22-2011, 05:01 PM
Nice buck, keep the rubber side down though. Independants are nice but can bite quicker if you are not paying attention.

Thx for the pics and ride safe, remember the amount of risk we take is determined by who is waiting for us at home.

vortex hunter
09-22-2011, 05:25 PM
Nice roll over...........

BigBanger
09-23-2011, 12:57 AM
Man thats a dream buck for my friends and I. Congrats on a nice deer.

walks with deer
09-24-2011, 03:59 AM
Dino

nice job bud

I know you must of put in your homework to get him

Piperdown
09-24-2011, 07:41 AM
I'd take that buck anyday, maybe next week when i get up to the cabin. Funny I rolled my quad about 10 days ago, bailed off right on to a nice big rock. The hip doesn't look or feel to good at the moment. Like the doc said you are 50 not 30 time to smarten up. My reply was I thought 50 was the new 30 :)

BCLongshot
09-24-2011, 07:54 AM
Beautiful buck !!!!!

Congratulations and 1 hell of a story to go with it.

Islandeer
09-24-2011, 08:22 AM
I'd have dropped him ... unless I was looking for a bigger one, and there is no quad access where I hunt.