PDA

View Full Version : how habitual are bucks...after one goes down

Andrewh
09-20-2011, 11:05 AM
Well I have a nice little honey hole some place in region 8 where I have patterned a group of muley bucks. I have them dialed in terms of where they walk and the route they take in the AM. The only problem is they (total of 5) are all very large 2 and 3 pointers, (not in season quite yet).

Needless to say they are all still alive right now due to the regs in that area. 'Any buck' opens soon and I want to take one and so does a buddy. If I shoot one on a Sat morning are they habitual enough to walk through the same area the next morning or would it be best to try and take two bucks with simultaneous shots?

Andrew

4 point
09-20-2011, 11:25 AM
Two for two might work if you can time it and line it up all right. The others will return but maybe not for awhile. I have however found deer/moose will be right back over the gut pile "looking for their freind sooner than later" so one never knows. Hope nobody else finds your spot or you may never get those shots. Good luck!

doubled
09-20-2011, 12:19 PM
I would not assume that they will still be there after what I saw with Youth season. They got alot of the smaller bucks.

Andrewh
09-20-2011, 05:18 PM
I would not assume that they will still be there after what I saw with Youth season. They got alot of the smaller bucks.

not too worried, been watching them for the past two weekends...