PDA

View Full Version : cow moose hunting

bushpig slayer
09-20-2011, 08:28 AM
i see there is so much info on bull moose no one really can specify how to bring cow moose in since i have a tag this year,i would love to hear any info that you guys/gals have seen or herd that may possibly help me out,any info would be great thanks.

500grhollowpoint
09-20-2011, 08:55 AM
Well can't help you in your specific mu but where there are bull moose......

cameron0518
09-20-2011, 09:01 AM
If you are hunting in the rut, a bull call works good but generally just walking or riding finds them easier. You can't miss them out there if they are around.

Darksith
09-20-2011, 10:05 AM
most cow draws are for nov, or at least around my neck of the woods. Calling doesn't get you far that time of year. Cruise moosey territory and you should find your cow if they are in the area.

srupp
09-20-2011, 10:26 AM
hmmm it does make a difference when your draw for cows is...early stick to water...first thing in the am..rut..they will be egging the boyz on calling from ROUND LAKES or ALONG long lakes...on one of the benches''
Nov look in the food bin..willows its time to feed the fire for the winter...

FIRST thing in the am FIRST light..be looking around lakes or the swamps..edges of cutblocks..it is very common for them to come out just into a cut block or opening to warm up on a frosty morning you can see the frost on their mane..

If its warm..look for the fog..that will indicate the warm air hitting the colder air..usually where a strem or creek enters a lake..if its warm..a great pplace to start..

During the rut the cows wander calling for the big boys..you can often hear them calling....

cheers
Steven

canadianyoda
09-20-2011, 03:56 PM
i see there is so much info on bull moose no one really can specify how to bring cow moose in since i have a tag this year,i would love to hear any info that you guys/gals have seen or herd that may possibly help me out,any info would be great thanks.
I do a combination bull/cow call. I find that I have cows come in for action and bulls come in as well. Cows come in quiet though. I have had animals come in at the beginning of November as well.

doubled
09-20-2011, 04:30 PM
I do a combination bull/cow call. I find that I have cows come in for action and bulls come in as well. Cows come in quiet though. I have had animals come in at the beginning of November as well.

Bulls can come in quiet too. I had one within 20 yards and did not see him until he grunted.