PDA

View Full Version : pink mountain and north

bdennis
09-20-2011, 06:42 AM
We are planning a trip to mile 130 but because of the drilling rigs we are going to go further north. any suggestions on Prophet river or trutch area. Does any one know what mile the Laprise area?

thanks for you help

Wrayzer
09-22-2011, 06:22 AM
Spoke with people at Sikanni River, she said it seemed to be fairly quiet up there, not too much pressure and the rigs didnt seem to be a problem....in saying that, Anyone have a starting point to find some elk in the area? going to be there Oct. 1.

jcolinlp
09-22-2011, 11:25 AM
I am an experienced bow(Cross-bow) and gun hunter and have hunted the sikanni river area before. This year my hunting partner is injured and am looking for someone to join or to join me to share driving from Vancouver to the Fort St. John and north to Sikanni area for elk, possibly moose.

bdennis
09-22-2011, 11:50 AM
Hi thanks for the replies we are going to head up that way and see how it goes and then head further north if its to busy. WE are leaving tonight from Parksville and driving all night should be up there for friday night. We are full this year jcolin hope you find someone to partner with. Maybe see you up there.

Thanks

Jetboat
09-22-2011, 12:07 PM
Laprise access is via mile 126 or from mile 135. Lots of oil patch construction traffic in the Laprise, Jedney & Bubbles areas. Last week the Laprise road was about a foot deep of powdery dust. Not good when meeting tank trucks. Use extreme caution through out the area.

Wrayzer
09-22-2011, 05:08 PM
Just going over the Regs again for 7-44 and 7-58, The antlerless Elk season, is there any restrictions on it? Havent heard much talk about it on the boards so just want to clear it up before headin out there, it'll be worse case if the Bulls are in hiding and we need some meat.