PDA

View Full Version : New Call!!!

Bucks&Ducks
09-19-2011, 05:37 PM
I just recieved my new goose call in the mail. I did lots of research over many hunting forums and decided that I would go with newly designed GK delrin Giant Slayer. I have had a few Acrylics in my day and was never truly impressed with any of them, Although the delrin calls sell for only about 60$ if they sold them for more people would swear it was the next space age material and pay more than the most expensive acrylic. The sound this thing produces is unbelievable and hits every tone range and volume.

I decided I wanted the thing customized to me and the geese in my area so I gave the factory a call and talked to the owner himself. he then passed me to a guy named Wade Walling, little did I know that he had just won the world goose calling champoinship and had some other very impressive titles to his name, anyway right then over the phone he blew the call for me and tuned it just perfectly how I wanted it. I was then passed back to the owner who I gave my shipping info and when he found out I was from Canada he offered to travel from the US to canada to send it and save me shipping and some other expenses! Talk about great customer service!

I am very impressed with this thing and will definately be going back there if I
ever decide I need a new call(no time soon!)

havent figured out the whole picture uploading thing so here is a link to the site with a pick of this beauty: http://www.gkcalls.com/giantslayer.htm

It combined with this years new dekes are gonna be a killer combo

lorneparker1
09-19-2011, 07:05 PM
Bob is a great guy and has amazing service(some would say the best in a very competitive and flooded market of waterfowl calls). I grew up 20mins from his shop in ontario and have hunted with him a few times. I have some buddies who do or used to prostaff for him.(hes from michigan) I still own a few gk's (little giant and Giant killer) my very first short reed over was a slayer. Delrin is deep and goosey, and virtually indestructable. Also it is very eay to blow and does not require alot of back pressure. You'll be super happy with it.

Bucks&Ducks
09-19-2011, 09:22 PM
I am super happy with it, and it didnt even have a huge price tag that even sweetens the deal, Bob really is a great guy and I had a good long conversation with him and just sent him an email thanking him for his help and great service, I would agree with those who say his customer service is the best and it is equaled by the products that flow out of their shop. It is guys like him and the rest of the team who I got to chat to that will keep a buisness like his alive when there are so many companies competing for a very small pool of customers.

Bucks&Ducks
09-22-2011, 05:35 PM
gonna take it down to the bay this evening and test it out on some real birds and outside of the house,